RECRUITING: Zion Griffin commits to Iowa State

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Man, been on cloud 9 all day from this commitment.

I was thinking today about how good the coaches must feel today. The nature of the beast for all but a few schools is coaches get told 'no' much more than they get told 'yes'. So it must be such a high to get a yes, especially one where the timing is a bit of a surprise.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Wearing an ISU sweatshirt and red socks ain't gonna impress anybody. Get into the nearest ink parlor and get an 6 inch tall CYCLONES tattoo on your neck.
Do it now! Don't screw this up for us.

It's Demoncore, how do you know he doesn't have one already?

• Funny
Reactions: demoncore1031

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Agree. It's great to have a coach that wants to recruit.

Yeah that coach that didn't like to recruit (post RV debacle) really ran the program into the ground. I wonder where we would be if we hadn't hired that guy. Good grief.

Last edited:

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Check out all of these Griffin highlights. (March 12 is long and shows his versatility.)

http://www.hudl.com/profile/5169655/zion-griffin

Wow.... this kid is the real deal. His game reminds me so much of Burton's, only Griffin is a couple inches taller and thinner. Also, Griffin is a better shot blocker it looks like, while Burton is obviously a bit more physical. But this kid is going to be a beast.

• Agree
Reactions: ChickenNuggetMan

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
Last edited:

cyclone101

Oct 19, 2009
Dez Moinz
Why are people arguing about which Chicago suburb is the most affluent in an awesome commitment thread?

Anyway.... this pick-up is HUGE! A+ for Prohm and Zion!
I just want to give a shout out to my dude @isutrevman for disliking everyone of those comments. Made them easy to spot and I could scroll right on by. Thanks trev!

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
No kidding on next year, especially if we get Harris next season will be really amazing, cant say we've had such a loaded roster in well over a decade.

it is to early to tell. Don't forget in 2015 we had 3 guys on our team that are NBA guys (Niang, Morris, Jones). I think our 2019 team has a great chance to do big things. These freshmen will be talented enough to at least add quality depth to go with Lard, Young, Shayok, Wigginton, Lewis, and Babb.

Last edited:

CardinalCy

Jul 25, 2017
it is to early to tell. Don't forget in 2015 we had 3 guys on our team that are NBA guys (Niang, Morris, Jones). I think our 2019 team has a great chance to do big things. These freshmen will be talented enough to at least add quality depth to go with Lard, Young, Shayok, Wigginton, Lewis, and Babb.
Add in Nader and Maybe Naz from the 2015 team.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
We probably would have had the best 4 year run of the program's history. Oh wait....
Prohm's first four years are shaping up to be pretty good.

Year 1: Sweet 16
Year 2: Big 12 Championship
Year 3: Best Recruit Ever is a Freshman
Year 4: Extremely optimistic right now

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Prohm's first four years are shaping up to be pretty good.

Year 1: Sweet 16
Year 2: Big 12 Championship
Year 3: Best Recruit Ever is a Freshman
Year 4: Extremely optimistic right now

I don't disagree. A lot can change in basketball recruiting but I think we have positioned ourselves well for 2018-19.
I think some people are a bit delusional about this year's squad but who knows.
Both coaches were/are very good for Iowa State University and their fans. I just get a little tired of the little digs at Fred. You can be upset with him about leaving Iowa State but he brought back a program that was essentially on life support after the McDermott years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron