If You Could Change One Thing For ISU FB 2008...

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
If you could change one thing about the atmosphere or planning of the upcoming football season, what would it be?

By that I mean, what about game-day (other than the final score, etc) that could be changed, would you most like to see changed?

Please keep it serious as it's interesting to see what people don't like about the festivities.

Last edited:

scottie33

Nov 25, 2006
Ames, Iowa
If you could change one thing about the atmosphere or planning of the upcoming football season, what would it be?

By that I mean, what about game-day (other than the final score, etc) that could be changed, would you most like to see changed?

Have the words "Sweet Caroline" engraved in the goalpost like the cubbies have the words "Hey Hey" on their foul poles.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Obviously, sell out every game, and have fun fans from other teams come and tailgate with us.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
No more Jeff Johnson leading cheers.

The fact I'd rather hear Sweet Caroline than Jeff leading cheers speaks volumes.

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
I was going to say no more Neil Diamond, but evidently I'm in the minority.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
I would change that stupid "Tornado Warning" sound they play before the game...

Also, he might be the nicest guy on earth, but can we keep this guy off the field at all times. And if not, can we please not give him a microphone.

Jeff_Johnson_082605155549.jpg

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
More people in the stadium at the start of the game as the team comes on the field allowing us to have a sweet entrance

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
I don't like the lame entrance music. We have a pretty damn good band. Let's get a tradition going where we let them play the team onto the field with some kind of crowd participation, fight song or something like that.

whirlybirds

Oct 25, 2007
Knoxville, IA
I was going to say no more Neil Diamond, but evidently I'm in the minority.
i'm with you 100% on that one. im sorry but its just a buzz kill. especially when we’re down 14 going into the 4th quarter. i wanna hear something to get everyone pumped up and standing on their feet, not sweet caroline

Last edited:

chrishull14

Jan 31, 2007
Cyclone City
- no more Thursday night games
- no more smoke machine during the players entrance
- no more drunks walking around in the stands with bottles and cans of whatever
- have everyone in their seats to cheer the team off the field after warm-ups
- have everyone sing the fight song and the national anthem
- put better quality sound system with speakers all around the stadium
- get everyone to meet the team bus for the spirit walk, so that the tunnel of people goes all the way to Hilton

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
2:30 game times. :wink:

-keep

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
- get everyone to meet the team bus for the spirit walk, so that the tunnel of people goes all the way to Hilton

I would agree with most of those.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk

I love Thursday night games for the opener. It's nice to have that long weekend out on the lake back home and already having your fill of football.

I agree with smoke machines.

I can't agree with drunks with bottles, cause I'm only a couple years removed from being one of them. I can't be that big of a hypocrite.

Everyone in there seats being loud and rowdy... Would be a nice site to see, but unfortunately, shot gunning that last beer is more important.

Our sound system sucks big time. I don't see this getting better till we bowl in the south side, which now is going to be longer then what we though.

I love the spirit walk, and it would be cool to see more people there. But the sad part is that there is not an exact time they arrive. Usually by the time I notice the buses coming through its already to late to drag my drunk butt over there and chear them on. Sad yes, but its the cold hard truth. At least I get in the stadium 20 minutes before a kickoff.