Iowa's TE Kittle ran faster 40 than Lazard. Should move to TE

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Mine was way more accurate. Who is Kene?

Calling Montgomery and Butler equals is stupid. One is a P5 talent who is considered one of the best RBs in the country this upcoming year and the other couldn't run the ball on Purdue and racked up a few yards playing small time football

AmesHawk

Apr 20, 2010
Ankeny, IA
Calling Montgomery and Butler equals is stupid. One is a P5 talent who is considered one of the best RBs in the country this upcoming year and the other couldn't run the ball on Purdue and racked up a few yards playing small time football
You talking about the Doak-Walker watch list? Isn't pretty much every returning starter listed on that thing? Butler was on it last year, heck, Warren was even on it last year. So that should tell you all you need to know about that.

https://www.smu.edu/-/media/Site/DoakWalker/2016/News/2016-Doak-Walker-candidates-release.ashx

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

AmesHawk

Apr 20, 2010
Ankeny, IA
No.

Of course Warren was on it last year. Look what he did the year before.
That list is at 77, 2017's is at 61. 2015 had 69.

Looks like they're casting a pretty big net to me. Unless you really think guys from Old Dominion, Mid Tenn State, Troy, App State, Louisiana Tech, Texas State, Utah State, and UTEP are really some of the best RB's in the country. Oh yeah, and James Butler. Seems like we came full circle.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
That list is at 77, 2017's is at 61. 2015 had 69.

Looks like they're casting a pretty big net to me. Unless you really think guys from Old Dominion, Mid Tenn State, Troy, App State, Louisiana Tech, Texas State, Utah State, and UTEP are really some of the best RB's in the country. Oh yeah, and James Butler. Seems like we came full circle.

So Wadley and Montgomery are considered one of the best 61 RB's this year. Butler and Warren are not.

Not sure what we're arguing now

AmesHawk

Apr 20, 2010
Ankeny, IA
Going to hurt losing Daniels a lot IMO
Yeah, he was a stud. But luckily Iowa has always done pretty well with replacing RBs. If Mark Weisman could collect 800-975 yards a season for 3 seasons, I think Iowa will do alright with these two, or one of the younger guys if we start getting 2004 injuries.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Yeah, he was a stud. But luckily Iowa has always done pretty well with replacing RBs. If Mark Weisman could collect 800-975 yards a season for 3 seasons, I think Iowa will do alright with these two, or one of the younger guys if we start getting 2004 injuries.

Weisman for Heisman

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
Man this was a good thread. Some real highlights when looking at the current discussion. Some of my favorites:

https://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/threads/all-iowa-iowa-state-team.220371/

Wadley is a junior and has 803 career rushing yards. Warren had 1339 rushing yards his freshman year. Warren is definitely the best RB in the state and it's not debatable.

If you think Iowa has a RB more talented than Warren you are absolutely clueless or you're trolling

And 984 rushing yards is quite a bit less than what Mike Warren did with a worse OL.

I can literally give you 100 examples why Mike Warren is the best RB in the state. Stats, accolades, etc will back that up. Please give me one reason or example to explain why someone would say Iowa's back up RB is better than a highly regarded RB like Warren

Is there anyone that seriously said Lanning over Beathard? If they did they are just as dumb as people that think Iowa's backup RB is better than Warren

It was a joke making fun of the Hawkeye fans saying the talent gap between Warren and Wadley isn't that big

But there are multiple Hawkeye fans saying Wadley is either flat out better or more talented than Warren which is absurd. Even you'd admit that

@CyTwins was 1/2 right on this. Iowa didn't have a single back who was better than Warren, they had two RB more talented than Warren last year!

It is also nice to know that you didn't seriously think Lanning > Beathard, as that would have been as dumb. Overall that thread pretty much made you look like the idiot you are in judging talent.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
@CyTwins was 1/2 right on this. Iowa didn't have a single back who was better than Warren, they had two RB more talented than Warren last year!

It is also nice to know that you didn't seriously think Lanning > Beathard, as that would have been as dumb. Overall that thread pretty much made you look like the idiot you are in judging talent.

I was wrong with I said Beathard was a better football player than Lanning. Beathard was a slightly better QB but Lanning is way better overall. Park though, that guy is a stud

AltHawk

Sep 2, 2012
I was wrong with I said Beathard was a better football player than Lanning. Beathard was a slightly better QB but Lanning is way better overall. Park though, that guy is a stud

Who is Iowa State's backup QB this year? I want to make sure I know who Iowa State fans will be anointing as the next program savior when he throws for 300+ yards in a couple blowout losses at the end of the season. You know, after Park gets benched for not being a good QB (like has happened to every other Iowa State starting QB for the last, what, 5 years?)

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Who is Iowa State's backup QB this year? I want to make sure I know who Iowa State fans will be anointing as the next program savior when he throws for 300+ yards in a couple blowout losses at the end of the season. You know, after Park gets benched for not being a good QB (like has happened to every other Iowa State starting QB for the last, what, 5 years?)

http://www.cyclones.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=8258

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016

He is their starting MLB.

Yikes for the defense.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017

2 year starting QB with 20 career wins and a 3rd round NFL pick >>>>>>>>>>>>>> poor MLB. And it isn't even close. That would be like me saying Bo Bowers is a way better overall player than Park.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
2 year starting QB with 20 career wins and a 3rd round NFL pick >>>>>>>>>>>>>> poor MLB. And it isn't even close. That would be like me saying Bo Bowers is a way better overall player than Park.

Bowers would be a terrible offensive player. Derp.