Fargo: Season 3

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
I just caught the first episode of the season last night. It's a got a little bit of a different flavor than the previous ones because it's set in 2010 but it's starting out strong like the last couple seasons. This has been one of my favorite series over the last couple years. Anyone else as pumped as I am that this is back?

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Can't go wrong with Mary Elizabeth Winstead, either. I don't care what kind of funky accent she has.

• Winner
Reactions: JP4CY and AgronAlum

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
I caught the first episode of this season too and it looks good. Do I need to rewatch the first two before watching this one?

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I caught the first episode of this season too and it looks good. Do I need to rewatch the first two before watching this one?
nope. Each season is its own story.

Reactions: 1100011CS

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014

Absolutely not but I would recommend going back and watching them anyways. I think there was a commercial last night saying FX put both seasons on demand.

• Informative

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
nope. Each season is its own story.
At first I didn't like idea, but that's why this show will always be good. They can't run out of story like most shows because they're always making new ones.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Fargo is an Anthology Series. Each season is different. Love Fargo. And you keep picking up more and more if you watch it over again.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Can't go wrong with Mary Elizabeth Winstead, either. I don't care what kind of funky accent she has.
ZtKAu2P.gif

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Interesting episode last night. The tension really ramped up. I was thoroughly disgusted by Nikki Swango's "escalation" of the Stussy brother feud. Damn.

David Thewlis is killing it as VM Varga. He comes off so oily and creepy.

Looking forward to episode 3.

CyHans

Apr 28, 2010
Movie is one of my fav's and the first two seasons of the series were really good. Looking forward to season 3 after a looong wait.

Cy Hard

Jan 5, 2008
Polka City
Loved the Stan Grossman line last night. Great how they can tie in the movie or other seasons while they remain completely separate on a whole.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Anyone else keeping up with the series. We're approaching the end of the season, and things are really ramping up. David Thewlis is absolutely awesome to watch as Varga. He just drips corruption, foulness, and general creepiness. I'm also loving the character of Sy, who is just so far out of his element.

Also, we got a Mr. Wrench sighting last night! Everyone's favorite deaf hitman from season 1. I wonder if he'll figure into the plot at all, or if it's just a one off sighting.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
OilyWateryChafer.gif

She just split from her husband, too.

Obligatory "so you're telling me there's a chance."
I'm sure there's a .gif of the bathroom scene, from episode one of this season that I really want to post, but it's not really appropriate... I trust you know which one I mean.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I'm sure there's a .gif of the bathroom scene, from episode one of this season that I really want to post, but it's not really appropriate... I trust you know which one I mean.

I have no idea what you are talking about. :p

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Fantastic season finale, the other night.
The shootout at King Midas Storage stands out as great, great scene.
And despite some folks not liking the way it ended, I was actually very satisfied. It summed up the theme of the whole season.

Great show. I really hope there's a season 4. Noah Hawley is really on top of his game with this show and Legion. He's doing really good work.

cyclone83

Apr 10, 2006
Anyone else keeping up with the series. We're approaching the end of the season, and things are really ramping up. David Thewlis is absolutely awesome to watch as Varga. He just drips corruption, foulness, and general creepiness. I'm also loving the character of Sy, who is just so far out of his element.

Also, we got a Mr. Wrench sighting last night! Everyone's favorite deaf hitman from season 1. I wonder if he'll figure into the plot at all, or if it's just a one off sighting.
I think Mr. Wrench is the only character that appeared in all 3 seasons.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I think Mr. Wrench is the only character that appeared in all 3 seasons.
I think you are correct. I was glad to see him get some extra airtime this season. He did some work up on the 3rd floor of the King Midas Storage building.