lookit. you guys are going to have a fit.

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
He obviously didn't do much research for that: a) he's using a old logo, b) he admits he has no idea why there is a cardinal in it. I know it is confusing, but our mascot is the cardinal and we are called the cyclones.:cry:

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
It would have been better if he knew we had new logos, but eh, what's the old saying, "Any press.." It's in fun, I can laugh at myself.

dustinal

Nov 14, 2006
Looks like somebody had fun ridiculing the new logo in the comments at the bottom. Looks like a Hawk fan based on the other blog he's commented on.

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville
western_ky._logo.png
Watch out, he’s got a towel!

I have no idea what that logo is, but it's hilarious.

ahaselhu

Sep 10, 2007
Clarinda, IA
He obviously didn't do much research for that: a) he's using a old logo, b) he admits he has no idea why there is a cardinal in it. I know it is confusing, but our mascot is the cardinal and we are called the cyclones.:cry:

But, of course, no mention about why the Alabama Crimson Tide has an elephant in the logo.

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
That's a silly enough piece that I know not to take it seriously. Not exactly investigative journalism, but he certainly had a fun time analyzing logos. Thanks for the link.

Look, we hate Alabama around these parts, and the soup is boiling what with the recent SEC Media Days fiasco, but you've got to admit that that's one kickin' logo.
What fiasco?

Cybadboy

Nov 8, 2006
Puerto Rico
Why is the Stanford Cardinal (tree) not on that list. It real doesn't bother me that ISU is on the list. At one point I didn't know why we had Cy, so I don't expect this person to know why.

tube1

Oct 19, 2006
Great. Another blog from a whiney, sarcastic little hack that can finally make his mommy proud now that he has something 'published' on the internets. He's so darn whimsical and clever. Now he should just go away.

Nice work, Joel. Take your congratulatory kiss on the cheek from Aunt Bonnie and be proud.

frontrangeclone

Apr 11, 2006
Cache Valley
twitter.com
what is up with america's obsession of Top (insert number here) lists? everytime you fire up msn hotmail... "top 10 things not to do on a first date" fox sports "top 20 ugliest cheerleaders in the AHL" SI.com "Top 10 NAIA assistant athletic directors" ESPN "top 10 best dressed quaterbacks of the AFC" etc.. etc... ok, I'm exaggerating a bit, but it's on the level of bad reality tv and commericals on AM talk radio...

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
western_ky._logo.png
Watch out, he’s got a towel!​

I have no idea what that logo is, but it's hilarious.​

Do you know what it's like to be way, way too dry? Well I'll tell you something, you don't want to know... and I DON'T know.

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
what is up with america's obsession of Top (insert number here) lists? everytime you fire up msn hotmail... "top 10 things not to do on a first date" fox sports "top 20 ugliest cheerleaders in the AHL" SI.com "Top 10 NAIA assistant athletic directors" ESPN "top 10 best dressed quaterbacks of the AFC" etc.. etc... ok, I'm exaggerating a bit, but it's on the level of bad reality tv and commericals on AM talk radio...

Top 5 reasons America is obsessed with lists:

Fill 'em in, boys.

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
Did anyone growing up (and even now) think it was odd that the Hawkeye's logo was not just an ornithographic eyeball?

Ok, maybe it was just me.

rahtotheames

Aug 3, 2006
I left a nasty comment. Partly because I hate Tennessee.

Hey man, good research. I thought maybe that was a pre-requisite before you wrote articles, but I guess I gave bad journalism too much credit. Maybe you need to be worrying more about that puke-orange excuse of a color you have going on and worrying less about out-dated logos.

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
Whats with the Cardinal? Guess what we used to be called before it was the Cyclones?

Why do we still use a Cardinal for a mascot? You stuff a Cyclone....