MLB: ***Official 2017 Chicago Cubs Season Thread***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Baseball was meant to be played in the daytime. I'm glad that at least someone still makes an effort to play day games.

I will add, Im pretty sure if the City let the Cubs play as many night games as they wanted, the only day games at Wrigley would be on get-away day. For now, the Cubs will play afternoon games at Wrigley on Friday, Saturday and Sunday unless national TV dictates otherwise.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I will add, Im pretty sure if the City let the Cubs play as many night games as they wanted, the only day games at Wrigley would be on get-away day. For now, the Cubs will play afternoon games at Wrigley on Friday, Saturday and Sunday unless national TV dictates otherwise.
A history of lights at Wrigley up to 2008 (the 20th anniversary of the first Wrigley night game).

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/3267314//

Last edited:

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Sounds like Heyward will be back tomorrow. Have we seen enough out of Happ to keep him up? If Happ stays up, does a guy like Almora go back down? It could be LaStella as well, although do you want to lose the lefty off the bench? I know it wouldn't happen, but Id also take a hard look at sending Schwarber down to get his bat figured out.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Sounds like Heyward will be back tomorrow. Have we seen enough out of Happ to keep him up? If Happ stays up, does a guy like Almora go back down? It could be LaStella as well, although do you want to lose the lefty off the bench? I know it wouldn't happen, but Id also take a hard look at sending Schwarber down to get his bat figured out.

you only keep Happ up if you're going to play him near every day. Otherwise he needs the reps in the minors.

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Starting to jump on the Montgomery should be the 5th starter wagon..... I know he plays the good long reliever role but Butler throws way too much like Arrieta...

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
Bad day for Butler, but it's **** weather again. He deserves at least 1 more start.

And it seems like it's going to be 40 degrees with 20 mph wind blowing in all season