Iowa Football: The Fake ID of College Football

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Wait wait, so you're comparing a football team that has lost 5 straight bowl games to a team that has 6 straight NCAA appearances and won 3 of the last 5 conference tournaments?

Why don't you go have a timeout over there.

You do realize Iowa was about 30 seconds from making the playoff 2 seasons ago, right? That is like ISU losing in the Elite Eight when their opponent drills a 3 while down by 2 points with about 30 seconds left.

Iowa was talked about on a national level for weeks in 2015 and was ranked in the Top 5 of the playoff standings for multiple weeks.

That is more nationally relevant than ISU basketball has ever been.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
winning-percentages2.jpg

Neat, now he has to win at the P5 level with his own players.

Fred's gift wrapped roster is now completely turned over.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
You do realize Iowa was about 30 seconds from making the playoff 2 seasons ago, right? That is like ISU losing in the Elite Eight when their opponent drills a 3 while down by 2 points with about 30 seconds left.

Iowa was talked about on a national level for weeks in 2015 and was ranked in the Top 5 of the playoff standings for multiple weeks.

Yes they were

r51P5ETJVxBMA.webp

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee

I really hope you're not trying to say Iowa football is more nationally relevant than Iowa State basketball. You're smarter than that.

• Dislike
Reactions: breck53

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
I really hope you're not trying to say Iowa football is more nationally relevant than Iowa State basketball. You're smarter than that.

3 BCS bowl appearances, 5 top 10 finishes in the last 16 years. All things the ISU basketball program has never achieved.

Reactions: ICHawk24

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
3 BCS bowl appearances, 5 top 10 finishes in the last 16 years. All things the ISU basketball program has never achieved.

Considering Iowa State basketball can't go to a BCS bowl you would be correct.

BigLame

Feb 6, 2008
Western IA
3 of those schools have 1 OOC P5 B1G opponent, and all 3 of those are on Iowa's conference schedule. Rutgers, Purdue, & Minnesota. He's calling out P5 teams for scheduling these teams as their 1 P5 OOC opponent. And Iowa gets to play all 3 on top of their OOC schedule.
bump
'Meat grinder'

BigLame

Feb 6, 2008
Western IA
Just like I said. The SEC is the king of Horrible schedules. Even the mouth of the SEC knows this. 4 of the 10 easiest schedules are in the SEC. 4 are from the Pac12, and 2 are from the Big12 , none from the BigTen.

Finebaum ragging three schools for having 1 crappy OOC foe, all 3 of which are a part of Iowa's normal conference slate.

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
I hope all this bashing each other is meant to be in jest, just for fun. We are all Iowans, can't we all just get along and save our real hatred for fans in all those states that consider the state of Iowa as irrelevant? I hope so.

Anyway, look, over the last 10 years in football ISU is 4 - 6 against the Hawkeyes and 6-9 over 15 years. So Iowa has had the better football program but ISU is certainly competitive. In basketball, ISU is 7 -3 over 10 years and 10-5 over 15 years. So ISU has had the better basketball teams but Iowa is certainly competitive. So, if we want to argue over where our teams are headed in the next few years, well then have at it because it is anyone's guess. But the past is the past. There's my wise thought for the day.

BigLame

Feb 6, 2008
Western IA
I believe ****-Buddy has his tickets purchased for him (no skin in the game), wears his brother's $1,000 jeans, mooches on others' tailgates, & leases an import sedan. I think he is a fake Eye Fan, coming here continually believing he is successfully ****-posting. Pretty sad.

• Funny
Reactions: YeahBuddy

Rural

Feb 3, 2010

The fake ID of college football.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
The fake ID of college football.

Lol, At least they are IDed at all. ISU is like the dangling bugger that is just trying to keep holding on to be a part of something. Might as well turn into a Nova, Marquette, Creighton, Georgetown, because all of their football programs have done more than ISUs.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Lol, At least they are IDed at all. ISU is like the dangling bugger that is just trying to keep holding on to be a part of something. Might as well turn into a Nova, Marquette, Creighton, Georgetown, because all of their football programs have done more than ISUs.

Where do you guys come up with these burns? They are super good.