Iowa Football Recruiting

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Downing has been a lock to ISU for awhile now. Good in state pickup. I think at worst he is a solid starter at guard in a couple years.

• Agree
Reactions: The_Gent

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Just can't admit to being wrong, huh? You must be a blast IRL.

I would rather use a current article as a source, even coming from a Cyclone homer like Randy Pete, than an article that is almost 2 months old.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
That's how you successfully throw shade. Love this staff!

What? That is how you throw shade? Haha, that is amateur hour.

Let me know when ISU throws shade as successfully as Brian did. He got all of Clone Nation up in arms, had talk
Shows talking about it and had reporters writing articles about it.

You are a sccuessful troll in your own right @CyTwins and you get just how brilliant Brian's troll was to get all the attention that it did. That is how you throw shade.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
I would rather use a current article as a source, even coming from a Cyclone homer like Randy Pete, than an article that is almost 2 months old.

November 29, 2015. That's when Matt Campbell was hired. Four days later, he reached out to the first recruit as the ISU head coach. Any guesses as to who that was? By your logic, an article that's two months old is irrelevant as it speaks to Downing's relationship with the ISU staff. Even though they've been in contact for the previous 16 months. Your spinning is out of control.

Reactions: srjclone

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
November 29, 2015. That's when Matt Campbell was hired. Four days later, he reached out to the first recruit as the ISU head coach. Any guesses as to who that was? By your logic, an article that's two months old is irrelevant as it speaks to Downing's relationship with the ISU staff. Even though they've been in contact for the previous 16 months. Your spinning is out of control.

My guess was he reached out to Downing, Todd and Ross.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016

Oh I know they made Downing a priority. Its pretty obvious from Randy Pete's article, who is a big Clone homer, that the Ag program was the deciding factor in his decision.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...ball-recruiting-2018-matt-campbell/329585001/

"Honest to goodness, he selected a school based on an academic major."

"This Downing story is almost too good to be true. A high school football star makes the first big decision of his life based on academics."

I dont even know how you can argue it, it is right there in black and white.

• Informative
Reactions: The_Gent

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Oh I know they made Downing a priority. Its pretty obvious from Randy Pete's article, who is a big Clone homer, that the Ag program was the deciding factor in his decision.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...ball-recruiting-2018-matt-campbell/329585001/

"This Downing story is almost too good to be true. A high school football star makes the first big decision of his life based on academics."

Also in black and white is:

The relationship I’ve had with the coaches has been going since my sophomore year. It’s been awesome," Downing said Thursday before meeting with the Iowa State coaches. "They’re great people, and academically, they’ve got everything that I want. I want to study ag business.”

But that's not relevant because reasons.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017

It is pretty common knowledge that Downing was gonna go to ISU for his major. Rhoads would have gotten his commitment as well If he was still in Ames.

Good get for the Clones, and good for Downing that he gets to go to a school that offers him what he is looking for.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Also in black and white is:

The relationship I’ve had with the coaches has been going since my sophomore year. It’s been awesome," Downing said Thursday before meeting with the Iowa State coaches. "They’re great people, and academically, they’ve got everything that I want. I want to study ag business.”

But that's not relevant because reasons.

Again, it had something to do with it but it wasnt the deciding factor.

Its not hard. The same article said Downing liked Iowa. Iowa just didnt offer the major he was looking for.

• Disagree
Reactions: TheJackWePack5

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Again, it had something to do with it but it wasnt the deciding factor.

Its not hard. The same article said Downing liked Iowa. Iowa just didnt offer the major he was looking for.

Why does Iowa promote ANF is they don't even offer an Ag Major?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Why wouldnt the state school do something to raise awareness for a cause in the state?

Think it would make more sense for the flagship program in the state to promote it since we have the Ag Program but I guess when Hayden started Iowa wasn't little bro in the state so I see where you are coming from