***Official NBA Playoffs Thread***

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Definitely not true.

"Kyle Lowry confirmed this morning what we already knew -- that he will opt out of his deal with the Toronto Raptors and become an unrestricted free agent. Now the speculation can officially commence about where he might land."

Spurs would be a great place for him

Boston is a bad team.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
This playoffs is awful, I hope the league can move away from consolidation of stars in the future.
It will probably get worse with an increased salary cap. More room for big stars. Pretty soon there will be 3-4 teams with all the elite stars and cheap but good vets looking to chase a ring i.e. Cleveland and GS this year.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
LeBron cannot be defended

Not by anyone on the Celtics, that's for damn sure.

At least in the Finals the Warriors will have several guys who can offer at least some semblance of defense on Lebron in KD, Iguodala, Thompson, and Draymond Green. Nobody is shutting him down, but the Celtics don't have anyone who has even a prayer of checking him.

NewClone09

Jan 7, 2009
Ames, IA
The finals are going to be epic. Anyone that isn't excited doesn't enjoy or understand basketball. I just have that feeling that the CAVS are going to take it. Insane that Bron is having this kind of playoff push in year 14!!!!

• Agree
Reactions: ISUCY23

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Lebron must have some kind of super genes. I wonder how long he will play?

I'm surprised more people don't question him. He's put a lot of miles on, stayed relatively injury free, and is still the best player in the league in his 14th season.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I'm surprised more people don't question him. He's put a lot of miles on, stayed relatively injury free, and is still the best player in the league in his 14th season.

His tactic to rest games may be helping him out.

He's a freak athlete and technology for training, diet, etc. I think has helped with players being able to play at a high level for a long time.

• Agree
Reactions: jbindm

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
All NBA teams were announced today. Noticeably absent was Paul George, which means the Pacers won't be able to exercise the Designated Player Extension clause in the new CBA. Under that, if he had made any of the three All NBA teams this year the Pacers could have offered him a five year, 210 million dollar extension. That would have been 75 million more than any team would be able to offer him in unrestricted free agency in 2018. It's a big blow for Indy, which was already facing an uphill battle to keep PG. I'm thinking it's now all but certain he'll be in another uniform at some point next season.

now

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
All NBA teams were announced today. Noticeably absent was Paul George, which means the Pacers won't be able to exercise the Designated Player Extension clause in the new CBA. Under that, if he had made any of the three All NBA teams this year the Pacers could have offered him a five year, 210 million dollar extension. That would have been 75 million more than any team would be able to offer him in unrestricted free agency in 2018. It's a big blow for Indy, which was already facing an uphill battle to keep PG. I'm thinking it's now all but certain he'll be in another uniform at some point next season.

now

The Pacers/PG could still have the option available if PG-13 were to make one of the All NBA teams next year. Problem is that won't be announced until this time next year and George would be FA. Very risky for Indiana to loose him for nothing. There best scenario would be to tempt the Lakers to trade this year for #2 and Russell.

Another notable name who didn't make it was Gordon Heyward. He will be a FA this summer and Utah will not be able to offer the 5th year and extra money. Celtics and heat will really now in play in a couple of months to get his services.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
GS whining aboutt Klay Thompson not making the all-league team.

Geesh fellows try to look a little more arrogant.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
The Pacers/PG could still have the option available if PG-13 were to make one of the All NBA teams next year. Problem is that won't be announced until this time next year and George would be FA. Very risky for Indiana to loose him for nothing. There best scenario would be to tempt the Lakers to trade this year for #2 and Russell.

Another notable name who didn't make it was Gordon Heyward. He will be a FA this summer and Utah will not be able to offer the 5th year and extra money. Celtics and heat will really now in play in a couple of months to get his services.

Yeah, waiting and hoping he makes an All NBA team next year so they can offer the option would be extremely risky. The competition at the forward spot isn't going to get any easier. There's just too much talent at the 3 and 4 around the league right now. I think Pritchard is going to make a move this summer. I heard yesterday that the Hawks had offered four first round picks for him at the deadline. Obviously it would depend on if and how those picks were protected, but if that's true and Larry Bird turned it down then the Pacers have probably already blown the best offer they were going to get for him.