Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
69718596602d11906ebc9004d38b4d6cdea2f1eec494dda537d49f3aac4e52c6.jpg

Still my favorite clip

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
glad you said serious question or else I would assume youre joking. If the neighbors lawn doesnt get mowed it looks like **** and effects everyones property values. It spreads weeds to others lawns who take pride in what they have. Long grass promotes snakes and rodents. Its embarrassing to the whole neighborhood You surely arent this dense to not understand why someones yard looking like trash effects their neighbors.

How many people living in a house is obviously an issue as it tends to be governed by law in most cities. 1 major issue is safety for the residence of the house. Another is because most people dont want to live next to a house with 9 adults living in it. There will more than likely be parking issues as well You hear of 9 adults living in a house next to a house that you are looking at purchasing. Are you going to buy the house? obviously not.

The only time I will be worried about my house value is when I sell my house and that isn't happening for a long time. Plus if my neighbors lawn is over grown it makes mine look that much better.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
nothing worse than living next to someone with a damn race car. First you have to listen to them talk about their race car. 2nd you have to listen to the race car. You honestly sound like a horrible neighbor. But Im sure you are nice in person.

Don't forget the big truck and trailer sitting in the driveway and the stack of used tires that need to be burnt setting next to the shop. What an eyesore.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Don't forget the big truck and trailer sitting in the driveway and the stack of used tires that need to be burnt setting next to the shop. What an eyesore.

Their shop is their garage. Have a group about a couple blocks away that have that problem and the truck they use is from a property management group.

isu22andy

Sep 17, 2012
Dirt track cars are bad ass, isufbcurt races a late model... that aint no sport compact trailer park legend. I guarantee he isnt out wrenching on that rig in his garage in the slums of Boone. Wish he was my neighbor lol

josh4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 3, 2012
Ames, IA
I used live in a neighborhood with a large Asian population, never had any issues but they would not walk on the sidewalk. Always walked in the grass in-between the street and sidewalk.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I says, Hey! Hey! You! You! Get off of my lawn
Hey! Hey! You! You! Get off of my lawn
Hey! Hey! You! You! Get off of my lawn
Don't hang around 'cause two's a crowd
On my lawn, baby

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

One of my neighbors tried to enlist me to help him ***** to the another neighbor about his loud car. Loud car is a V-12 Lamborghini Diablo. It is loud and kinda badass. It's not like he is revving it endlessly. I could quibble that he warms it up a little longer then I would but I only drive a modest Boxster with a mere 6 cylinders so what do I know. Anyway, did not enlist.

bringmagicback

Dec 3, 2009
CF Resident Dog Lover
I was mostly joking about your car. However I cant stand racing. Im sure you have an actual shop and you mention you live in the country in every other thread so im sure you are good to go as far as annoying neighbors. Round' here we got a bunch of figure 8 racers that are this close to breaking in to nascar (no really, they will tell you that) that wrench on their cavaliers till midnight every night in the alley. Thats the price you pay for living between 3 dirt tracks I guess. Everyone wearing claim my engine Ill kick your ass tshirts to church and what not.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
My question is why do some people obsess over their little patch of grass? What is the point? And even worse why do you think that other neighbors who do not have your same obsession are somehow lessor people? City ordinances that try to dictate the height of lawns are stupid and should be unconstitutional but just goes to show that you are just renting from the City.

DeftOne

Dec 30, 2014
Des Moines, IA
My question is why do some people obsess over their little patch of grass? What is the point? And even worse why do you think that other neighbors who do not have your same obsession are somehow lessor people? City ordinances that try to dictate the height of lawns are stupid and should be unconstitutional but just goes to show that you are just renting from the City.
Try selling your house when you live next to neighbor(s) who don't take care of their property. That's what it pretty much boils down to -- devaluation of adjacent properties and neighborhoods.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Whenever I'm in this position where a neighbor or just some stranger are acting up, I just tell them some things about me. The things I'll bring up may intimidate them a bit and thoughts may occur in their heads that I don't want to mess with this guy. If I was in your shoes, I would mention I have done many years of kickboxing and for a shorter amount of time I was a Gold Gloves Boxer. I would be sarcastic about what they're doing wrong once, then after that I would put my foot down much harder the 2nd time. Saying something like this will put some fear into your obnoxious neighbors. Good luck with your situation, hopefully this post was helpful.
I am confident that this post comes as zero surprise to anyone who has read more than 2 of your previous posts. This is exactly the same tactic that you take here. I wonder if your neighbors or strangers laugh about your behavior as much as people here do when you try it here.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa

There is a difference in a neighbor who is a few days late mowing and it's a little tall. We all get that. It's the neighbor that lets it get 2-3 feet tall which causes all kinds of problems for the neighborhood.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone