Where did you get a quality fidget spinner?

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
I searched for cheap high quality midget spinners. You get an interesting "assortment" to look through...

Reactions: Cyclones_R_GR8

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Teacher here.

Our school recommended fidget spinners a few months ago for special needs students. It works well for them as they receive them as a reward for good behavior and get to play with them in class while not causing a distraction.

However, if your kid is getting in trouble, or is known for not being able to keep their hands to themselves, or has a hard time focusing in class, I would NOT get a fidget spinner.

For the special ed kids who get it as a reward, it works.

For those who don't fit the criteria, boys will spin it, throw it in girls hair to watch it tangle, slam it on tables, throw it around the room.

I would only recommend it if your kid has SERIOUS needs. If your kid, or you as an adult, have distraction issues, there's a good chance this will just cause you or your child to cause more problems because it may distract more than just the person holding the spinner

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
I'm not saying don't get one, I'm saying be smart about getting one. If it's going to distract more than just the one with the spinner, do not get it.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Nope. I'm a teacher who has 2 students actually diagnosed with ADHD, and 2,387,981 students with self-diagnosed ADHD. Fidget spinners have not been beneficial for a single one in the classroom.
That's a really large class size, do you know all of their names?

• Funny
Reactions: Cloned24

arobb

Jan 4, 2014
I usually get my fidget spinners from Cabela's or Bass Pro.
299434_ts.jpg

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
My son has ADHD and sometimes he really struggles through church. When he is struggling he gets nothing out of it. We will sometimes play a finger game when he is having those days and despite his attention appearing to be on what our fingers are doing at these times when quizzed about the readings, homily, etc. after church he definitely (and surprisingly) gets more out of it when we have occupied his hands during those struggles.

And for the jaded teacher on here, yes, he has been professionally diagnosed with ADHD as well as other issues. I'm glad he isn't in your class.

• Agree
Reactions: stateofmind

bringmagicback

Dec 3, 2009
CF Resident Dog Lover
Has anyone tried beating the figgiting out of their child? thats what happened to me but I guess I didnt have a name for it like adhd. My sisters 2 boys both have "adhd" funny how it disappears the sencond they are around grandpa.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Whoever pretended that these are good for ADHD is a genius.

"Hey, I have ADHD, I should get one more thing to distract me."

Perhaps it's something new compared to the standard koosh/squishy ball to help elevate and focus on one thing hey anyone want to go ride bikes?

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Don't take it out on the teacher. Take it out on the parents who send their kids to school with a toy that is intended to distract them.
I don't have issue with a teacher not thinking that these should be in school. I tend to agree. I have issue with the teacher who all but calls an ADHD diagnosis as a farce. We fought our kid for a couple of years before his diagnosis. It was disappointing that he had another malady, but at the same time a relief that there was hope for help. It is frustrating to see how incredibly smart your kid is but see them struggle to pay attention long enough to succeed in school or many other pursuits.

If I misread what andy meant, my apologies.

• Agree
Reactions: stateofmind