Where did you get a quality fidget spinner?

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
I would like to get one of these things, but don't want to get junk that only spins for 20-30 seconds like my son's.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
My kid keeps talking about it as well....probably will get one on prime.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
My kid keeps talking about it as well....probably will get one on prime.
Well that's the thing, some say they go 6-7 minutes on Amazon, but are only $6 or $7, but I'm pretty skeptical when they are imported. Didn't know if I had to pay $40 for one to spin that long or if somebody found somewhere locally that sells quality ones that you can try first before spending $20 or more. I have ADHD and love playing with my son's that he got from his girlfriend.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Well that's the thing, some say they go 6-7 minutes on Amazon, but are only $6 or $7, but I'm pretty skeptical when they are imported. Didn't know if I had to pay $40 for one to spin that long or if somebody found somewhere locally that sells quality ones that you can try first before spending $20 or more. I have ADHD and love playing with my son's that he got from his girlfriend.

If your an adult try a fidget cube instead.

This is the original which I have:
https://www.antsylabs.com/products/fidget-cube

Although there are a billion knock offs just like the fidget spinners, but they are stiffer and don't react as well.

I use this at my desk a lot.

• Agree
Reactions: Messi

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
If your an adult try a fidget cube instead.

This is the original which I have:
https://www.antsylabs.com/products/fidget-cube

Although there are a billion knock offs just like the fidget spinners, but they are stiffer and don't react as well.

I use this at my desk a lot.
Yeah, I was really intrigued by these when they came out, but it's so small and I have large hands. I was wondering if it would be annoying to those around me. Does the light switch click?

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Yeah, I was really intrigued by these when they came out, but it's so small and I have large hands. I was wondering if it would be annoying to those around me. Does the light switch click?

If you watch the videos you see them using two hands a lot which I never do, always in one hand while working or walking. If you have large hands though I'm not sure how useful it would be to fumble around with.

If you do more of a smooth transition across the light switch it doesn't make much noise, but i tend to move my thumb off one side, up, and then back down on the other which makes a bit of noise. There are a few features designed to not have a lot of noise, such as the side with the 5 buttons, which 2 are silent when suppressed.

DeftOne

Dec 30, 2014
Des Moines, IA
I'd recommend these:

maple-seed2.jpg

All natural. 100% free. Mass quantities available (in the fall). Hell, someone might even pay you to take them! Unbelievable spinny fun!

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
I am confused. What is the point of having them go for 5 minutes plus? Isn't it supposed to be a fidget thing? If you spin it once and then just watch it spin for 5 minutes, that seems like a procrastination thing..

Reactions: BoxsterCy

DeftOne

Dec 30, 2014
Des Moines, IA
I would like to get one of these things, but don't want to get junk that only spins for 20-30 seconds like my son's.
Why in the world do you need it to spin for anywhere near 6-7 minutes??? I thought the whole purpose was to to fidget with the thing, not spin it and forget it.

EDIT: srjclone beat me to it...

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
I am confused. What is the point of having them go for 5 minutes plus? Isn't it supposed to be a fidget thing? If you spin it once and then just watch it spin for 5 minutes, that seems like a procrastination thing..
One is that it's cool to balance it while it's spinning. But mostly, the longer it spins the quieter it is and will allow me to fidget while my anal retentive wife is in the same room.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
One is that it's cool to balance it while it's spinning. But mostly, the longer it spins the quieter it is and will allow me to fidget while my anal retentive wife is in the same room.
Ah, gotcha. I've steered clear of these things because I know I'd probably buy one. Just figured they were all the same just different styles/colors.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I don't know much about fidget spinners but games and more in valley west mall advertises having them on their facebook page.