Iowa Football: The Fake ID of College Football

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Like when CPR was being interviewed nationally for things like his win over #2 Oklahoma State?

This may be the funniest thing I have ever read on here.

You are counting interviews with national sports outlets as some type of national recognition for a coach?

• Dislike
Reactions: Rural

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
This may be the funniest thing I have ever read on here.

You are counting interviews with national sports outlets as some type of national recognition for a coach?

I'm not talking awards.

National outlets were very interested in talking to CPR after a very nice win in his 3rd season.

Ambition pending, I could easily find mountains of Hawkdom that are way funnier than mention of an interview on a national level.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
I'm not talking awards.

National outlets were very interested in talking to CPR after a very nice win in his 3rd season.

Ambition pending, I could easily find mountains of Hawkdom that are way funnier than mention of an interview on a national level.

Of course you're not.

Getting an interview because of one win is not national recognition. Its called being the flavor of the week which I will admit, for one week back in 2011, ISU had that going for them.

Reactions: ICHawk24

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Of course you're not.

Getting an interview because of one win is not national recognition. Its called being the flavor of the week which I will admit, for one week back in 2011, ISU had that going for them.

Ah, Hawkdom belligerence.

Reliable, anyway.

Not a bad deal for where ISU's program is historically vs, say, being called out as fraudulent nationally, then proving it by getting whooped by a team basically practicing in the Rose Bowl.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Ah, Hawkdom belligerence.

Reliable, anyway.

Not a bad deal for where ISU's program is historically vs, say, being called out as fraudulent nationally, then proving it by getting whooped by a team basically practicing in the Rose Bowl.

Forgive me for preferring a Rose Bowl appearance 2 seasons ago instead of a win over the #2 ranked team in the country 5 and a half years ago.

Carry on with your Cowherd worship.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Forgive me for preferring a Rose Bowl appearance 2 seasons ago instead of a win over the #2 ranked team in the country 5 and a half years ago.

Was that really considered an appearance though? I kid (mostly)

What still burns me with the OSU win is that CPR couldn't capitalize on the recruiting trail because he has that same old school approach as Ferentz. All of the stars were aligned for Iowa State and they couldn't get it done. If CMC had that same scenario the yielded results would have looked completely different.

RedDog

Jan 28, 2014

A win is always better than a participation award in my book, but I don't exist within a fake ID culture either.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Was that really considered an appearance though? I kid (mostly)

What still burns me with the OSU win is that CPR couldn't capitalize on the recruiting trail because he has that same old school approach as Ferentz. All of the stars were aligned for Iowa State and they couldn't get it done. If CMC had that same scenario the yielded results would have looked completely different.

There is no way to know this.

Its actually kind of laughable to think that one win on a Friday night in November was expected to change the recruiting landscape for one of the worst P5 programs in history.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
There is no way to know this.

Its actually kind of laughable to think that one win on a Friday night in November was expected to change the recruiting landscape for one of the worst P5 programs in history.

That Friday night in November was about as unique of an opportunity that a program could ask for. If you don't think CMC wouldn't have been able to capitalize off of that situation you are just being delusional.

MVCchamps

May 1, 2017
That Friday night in November was about as unique of an opportunity that a program could ask for. If you don't think CMC wouldn't have been able to capitalize off of that situation you are just being delusional.

You are right how many other times in isu's history will an opposing team ranked #2 face a campus tragedy during the week they travel to ames?

• Dislike

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017

You are way over rating a single game. Even if the recruit was there for that game, that is one small facet of a kids decision on where to go to school. One upset does not a program make.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
You are way over rating a single game. Even if the recruit was there for that game, that is one small facet of a kids decision on where to go to school. One upset does not a program make.

Ok, so when Iowa beat Michigan last year why did I see multiple media outlets reporting the number of recruits that were at the game and how great of a sell that was? I'm not saying that game should have turned Iowa State into an annual conference title contender but CPR and his staff failed miserably and didn't capitalize on a huge selling point.

MVCchamps

May 1, 2017
Ok, so when Iowa beat Michigan last year why did I see multiple media outlets reporting the number of recruits that were at the game and how great of a sell that was? I'm not saying that game should have turned Iowa State into an annual conference title contender but CPR and his staff failed miserably and didn't capitalize on a huge selling point.

Iowa had recruits for all our night games. There are many reasons for that. There wasn't a single kid that visited that weekend that flipped to Iowa from another school. In fact Martin was at the game and he still picked Michigan. If all you can sell is an occasional upset then maybe that isn't enough. Recruits might be looking for more.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017

It's a great win, that is all. Rhoads didn't last at ISU because he wasn't a good coach. What he needed to capitalize on was going to 3 Bowl games in 4 years. One game was never going to catapult the program.

• Dislike

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
Iowa had recruits for all our night games. There are many reasons for that. There wasn't a single kid that visited that weekend that flipped to Iowa from another school. In fact Martin was at the game and he still picked Michigan. If all you can sell is an occasional upset then maybe that isn't enough. Recruits might be looking for more.

Care to elaborate?