So Now Who is Your Starting 5?

CyHans

Apr 28, 2010
Alright, I guess it's kind of "that time of the year again." This year I think is a little bit More tricky than last year.

Jackson
Wigginton
Babe
Beverly/Brase
Solomon Young

I'd like to see where everyone else stands.
That's basically what I'd go with too. Brase over Beverly if he's healthy.

• Agree
Reactions: Doc

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Ah yes! My favorite. I haven't seen 1000 of these on other threads throughout CF.

Please everyone post your line ups!!
I'm not a huge fan of constant lineup threads, but I'm curious as what exactly you thought this thread was going to be when you opened it?

If it bothers you that much, don't open the thread.

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
Alright, I guess it's kind of "that time of the year again." This year I think is a little bit More tricky than last year.

Jackson
Wigginton
Babe
Beverly/Brase
Solomon Young

That all looks perfectly reasonable, but what kind of hot babe are we considering at the 3/wing spot?

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
That all looks perfectly reasonable, but what kind of hot babe are we considering at the 3/wing spot?

5_Babe_PIG.jpg

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Jackson
Wigginton
Weiler-Babb
Beverly
Young

with Lard, Lewis, Brase & McNeil coming off the bench (in that order).

The only question mark for me is Lard vs. Beverly starting, and I think experience wins out.

Also, there will likely be 0 minutes this entire season where Jackson or Wigginton isn't on the floor.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Jackson
Wigginton
Weiler-Babb
Beverly
Young

The only question mark for me is Lard vs. Beverly starting, and I think experience wins out.

Also, there will likely be 0 minutes this entire season where Jackson or Wigginton isn't on the floor.

I agree with all that, but I think that we could go 9 deep, with Long and McNeill as 8/9 interchangeably, depending on who develops more quickly (or based on match ups).

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
I really don't like Beverly at the 4 with a 6'8" Young as the only guy remotely a big on the floor. We could get away with that before due to a lot of talented, experienced guards to not only take care of the ball, but exploit matchups really well. I don't have a ton of confidence in our guards being able to duplicate that next season. We need to play more balanced which means I hope Brase or Lard can earn the 4 spot.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I agree with all that, but I think that we could go 9 deep, with Long and McNeill as 8/9 interchangeably, depending on who develops more quickly (or based on match ups).

I have 9 listed, if Jakolby plays it'll be 10. I was taking Long and Brase's injuries into account in that.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa

Jackson
Wigginton
Babe
Beverly/Brase
Solomon Young

I'm excited to see Nick Babe in an expanded roll next year...

MartinCy

Jul 12, 2016
Kansas City, MO
Wigginton
Jackson
Babb
Brase
Solomon

w/ Lard, Lewis, Beverly, Long/McNeil off the bench in that order.

This assumes Brase is healthy so maybe this isn't a Game 1 lineup. I just don't think Beverly will start at the 4 but I'm curious as to what happens if Brase isn't healthy. I also think Lewis will be a great 6th man as the season progresses and make a significant push for a starting spot by the end of the year.

• Agree
Reactions: SolarGarlic

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Jackson
Wigginton
Weiler-Babb
Beverly
Young

I'll take that bet if you're not adding any qualifiers.

Wigginton
Jackson
NWB
Brase (when/if healthy)
Young

Lard, Beverly, McNeill, Lewis, in order of average minutes played. Potentially Long surprises though.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I'll take that bet if you're not adding any qualifiers.

Wigginton
Jackson
NWB
Brase (when/if healthy)
Young

Lard, Beverly, McNeill, Lewis, in order of average minutes played. Potentially Long surprises though.

I guess in my mind Beverly & Lard are "4"s in Prohm's system and Young and Brase are "5"s. Maybe that's not accurate.

but at 6'6" 250# I think Beverly won't be on the court with 2 other "bigs" very often this season.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
DJ
Wiggs
Nork Weiner Babe
Beverly (in non con with Brase coming on by Jan)
Solo

Beverly/Brase, Lard, Lewis, Long/McNeil depending on matchups.

• Funny
  • Agree
Reactions: Cyke and cstrunk

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I guess in my mind Beverly & Lard are "4"s in Prohm's system and Young and Brase are "5"s. Maybe that's not accurate.

but at 6'6" 250# I think Beverly won't be on the court with 2 other "bigs" very often this season.
I'm not sure about there being much difference between 4 vs 5 for Prohm. I'd love to have a group that's talented enough for that. I had Brase and Young starting as imo they are the likely to be the best overall forwards, but I could see needing Lard in there to defend the quicker/more athletic posts or Beverly if he ends up being a tough 250 lb scorer. I agree that Beverly will not play much at all with two other bigs.

I do see at least a few minutes in which Wigginton and Jackson are both on the bench, with NWB, McNeill, and Lewis handling the backcourt duties. Imo one of NWB and McNeill will play some pg next year, if not both, and Lewis will get some minutes if he's as good of shooter as hoped.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE

I guess I didn't realize Beverly was 6'6". For some reason I thought he was only 6'4" so that does increase his chances of playing primarily at the 4. I still think we wont be an accurate enough scoring team to give up the level of rebounds we did last season.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I think these three start all year:

- Jackson
- Wigginton
- Solo

The last two spots
:

(early in the season)
- Beverly - Prohm favors experience
- NWB - versatility and experience in the offense

(by start of conference)
- Lewis - I don't think you keep his explosiveness off the floor
- Brase - if Prohm wants to go big and defensive or McNeill if Prohm goes small

I don't get concerned with starting lineups too much because I think we will see minutes spread out on the bench more than we have in the past. I'm expecting a much more aggressive defensive effort from the start.

I think our season will be dictated by the success of Jackson, Wigginton and Solo, with an unfair amount of pressure riding on Solo to be the man down low. If Lard could come in and shine, I really like our chances at going dancing again.

• Agree
Reactions: ComCY

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
I don't know how you can accurately predict the starting lineup with so many unknowns. Like others have said. Jackson, Wigginton and Young start, who else starts will be determined by who improves in the offseason, the health of certain players and how practices go. I would say Weiler-Babb has probably the best chance to start of all the other guys.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I guess I didn't realize Beverly was 6'6". For some reason I thought he was only 6'4" so that does increase his chances of playing primarily at the 4. I still think we wont be an accurate enough scoring team to give up the level of rebounds we did last season.
6'4" rather than 6'6" doesn't really change things imo, either way he's going to need to be tough, active, and skilled to be effective. Imo it's more important that his 250 lb number is accurate, and that it's mostly good weight when the season starts.