RECRUITING: C.J. Bolar commits

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Do we know what drew him to us? For instance, does he have a connection to Re-al Mitchell?

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Not sure if this is true or not but last night I saw a tweet from Sterling Galban, that 'Got a surprise tomorrow! #CYC18NESQUAD..... maybe he is involved in recruiting a bit too....

He has been very active, especially with TX kids.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I have seen it on the old social network also..... Good to have that within the class....

Absolutely, especially when you face the recruiting challenges Iowa State has. At a minimum that at least get kids to open their minds a little.

• Agree
Reactions: coolerifyoudid

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
Looks like another great young man and he will likely be so both on and off the field. That seems to be something Campbell and staff look for. Good morals, good grades, good character, and oh by the way a really good football player.

Now with over 100 guys on the team not every one is a perfect angel, never will be. But these coaches are giving us a team to be proud of and I think this is why we support them so strongly even after multiple losing seasons. I am thankful that a young man like C.J. will come play for us and my butt will be in that stadium to cheer for him and all others who choose to come. Another great day to be a Cyclone!

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010
Amazing how I am "meh" about 3* recruits nowadays. :p

I never get tired of looking at the competing offers lists on the guys this staff lands. It's now common for multiple P5 schools to be after our commits. That happened much less frequently with the previous staff. It takes talent to win and these guys are giving us a chance.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
If Campbell say beats Iowa this year and makes a bowl game you gotta pay the man. He'll have the program turned around so fast. Gotta keep him.

IMO, Campbell is probably just as interested in paying his staff to keep the staff together.

Jamie has things under control. Campbell gets a $500,000 bonus if he reaches 6 wins. Other bonuses kick in as well with success.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
If Campbell say beats Iowa this year and makes a bowl game you gotta pay the man. He'll have the program turned around so fast. Gotta keep him.

Ugh. Why do you gotta say give him a raise if he beats Iowa? Have a good year and make a bowl game. Be competitive in the losses. Keep getting these greats recruits/classes. He's gonna get a nice raise real soon, and hopefully it's by us.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Impossible to be 110%. 100% is the most you can give/be.

No. Did you learn NOTHING from Spinal Tap?
th

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
KF Junior probably wanted to offer this kid, but daddy didn't want their total offer number to go over 95, so he went with ISU. We'll be glad to have him, welcome aboard C.J.!!!!

NewClone09

Jan 7, 2009
Ames, IA
Well, better than stringing us a along awhile. Atleast now we know he's open and the staff knows how to pursue him further or drop out of the race on him.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron