U of I loses $1.4 million in lawsuit

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Doesn’t make sense trying to compare JP and GB based on hires. Iowa’s are destination athletic programs. Our coaches don’t want to leave. GB has only hired two head coaches in sports anyone cares about. JP has to deal with replacing head coaches who leave for better gigs practically every other year. He’s had hits and misses but it’s apples and oranges.

Is this a serious post?

spinback32

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 24, 2006
Cedar Rapids
Doesn’t make sense trying to compare JP and GB based on hires. Iowa’s are destination athletic programs. Our coaches don’t want to leave. GB has only hired two head coaches in sports anyone cares about. JP has to deal with replacing head coaches who leave for better gigs practically every other year. He’s had hits and misses but it’s apples and oranges.

Wow, that is something. It could just be that no one else wants Fran, and, no one has wanted Kirk since GB has been there.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Is this a serious post?

Well think about it. You have had 2 legends that have graduated from ISU, come back and be the head coach for the sport they played at ISU leave after just a few seasons.

If it wasnt a destination for Sanderson and Hoiberg, who would consider ISU a destination school?

Iowa on the other hand, has had 2 football coaches the last 40 years and the only coach that left on his own accord was Alford.

Nice post, @Gonzo.

• Funny
  • Dislike
Reactions: VeloClone and Rural

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Well think about it. You have had 2 legends that have graduated from ISU, come back and be the head coach for the sport they played at ISU leave after just a few seasons.

If it wasnt a destination for Sanderson and Hoiberg, who would consider ISU a destination school?

Iowa on the other hand, has had 2 football coaches the last 40 years and the only coach that left on his own accord was Alford.

Nice post, @Gonzo.

Alford left Iowa to go where?

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Fred went to the Chicago Bulls, Cael went to Penn State for a boat load of money and Alford left Iowa for New Mexico? Lol yikes

Again, if 2 legends that are alums of ISU dont consider it a destination, who would?

• Dislike
Reactions: Rural

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
How did Pollard lose both Cael and Hoiberg? Lol yikes.

Well Fred is an NBA guy and went to the Chicago Bulls. He hated recruiting and there was no amount of money that was going to keep him. Fred will never coach college basketball again and I've said that since the day he left and that's not an opinion.

Pollard probably could have shelled out a ton of money to keep Cael, I'm not sure on that. Pollard wasn't very well liked in the wrestling community until he hired Dresser. We'll see if that pans out but he paid up for that one

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
Well Fred is an NBA guy and went to the Chicago Bulls. He hated recruiting and there was no amount of money that was going to keep him. Fred will never coach college basketball again and I've said that since the day he left and that's not an opinion.

Pollard probably could have shelled out a ton of money to keep Cael, I'm not sure on that. Pollard wasn't very well liked in the wrestling community until he hired Dresser. We'll see if that pans out but he paid up for that one

I dont think you know what "no amount of money" means. Of course there is an amount that could have kept Fred in Ames. Cael is less forgivable really, it was strictly money that Jamie is now having to spend just to get the wrestling program up to snuff.

As usual Pollard just makes horrible decisions on hires. Hoiberg has been his single good hire.

Chizik - flop
Rhoads - 10 year contract flop
Campbell - flop so far, even Rhoads won faster
McD - Flop
Hoiberg - Grand slam home run hire
Prohm - meh, Chris Williams and you think he is gonna miss the NCAA this year.

• Dislike
Reactions: Rural and YeahBuddy

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I dont think you know what "no amount of money" means. Of course there is an amount that could have kept Fred in Ames. Cael is less forgivable really, it was strictly money that Jamie is now having to spend just to get the wrestling program up to snuff.

As usual Pollard just makes horrible decisions on hires. Hoiberg has been his single good hire.

Chizik - flop
Rhoads - 10 year contract flop
Campbell - flop so far, even Rhoads won faster
McD - Flop
Hoiberg - Grand slam home run hire
Prohm - meh, Chris Williams and you think he is gonna miss the NCAA this year.

Fred was going to the Bulls no matter what Pollard did to try to keep him to stay. It was always known he was going to take an NBA job and his contract was set up that way.

• Agree
Reactions: keepngoal

Help Support Us

Become a patron