Ranking O'lines - don't be angry!

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
http://www.espn.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/120049/big-12-post-spring-position-rankings-ol-2

Iowa State: Center Julian Good-Jones is the only starter back from last year, as the Cyclones relied on four seniors. With proven talent elsewhere on offense, the development of Bryce Meeker at left tackle and guards Robby Garcia and Oge Udeogu is key. Jake Campos returns from injury to play right tackle, and graduate transfer David Dawson is set to join the Cyclones from Michigan this summer.

1. OU
  2. K-State
  3. UT
  4. TCU
  5. oSu
  6. WVU
  7. Baylor
  8. Ku
  9. Tech
  10. ISU

Last edited:

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
Don't be angry but I compiled a list and guess what- you're in last place! Tee hee!

ksbp.gif

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
http://www.espn.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/120049/big-12-post-spring-position-rankings-ol-2

Iowa State: Center Julian Good-Jones is the only starter back from last year, as the Cyclones relied on four seniors. With proven talent elsewhere on offense, the development of Bryce Meeker at left tackle and guards Robby Garcia and Oge Udeogu is key. Jake Campos returns from injury to play right tackle, and graduate transfer David Dawson is set to join the Cyclones from Michigan this summer.

1. OU
  2. K-State
  3. UT
  4. TCU
  5. oSu
  6. WVU
  7. Baylor
  8. Ku
  9. Tech
  10. ISU

maurice-jones-drew-is-busting-out.gif

• Funny
Reactions: Cyclones423

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.

1. OU
  2. K-State
  3. UT
  4. TCU
  5. oSu
  6. WVU
  7. Baylor
  8. Ku
  9. Tech
  10. ISU
Guy didn't mention Sean Foster and thinks Bryce Meeker is a left tackle so that tells me a lot about that ranking list.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Surly - what do your rankings look like? or do your rankings mirror ESPNs on purpose?
There is no way I know enough about other programs to have an opinion other than I expect K-State's to be very good. That's why the outsider comments are sort of interesting for me, to compare their analysis about the Cats with my own understanding and then to look at what they have to say about others.

Here's the running back ranking. I believe, strongly, that K-State is way too low in this one.

1. WVU
  2. Baylor
  3. TCU
  4. K-State
  5. oSu
  6. OU
  7. Texas
  8. ISU
  9. Ku
  10. Tech

Last edited:

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
There is no way I know enough about other programs to have an opinion other than I expect K-State's to be very good. That's why the outsider comments are sort of interesting for me, to compare their comments about the Cats with my own understanding and then to look at what they have to say about others.

Here's the running back ranking.

I can't take a write up seriously that doesn't list Jake Campos as the starting left tackle. I mean it is possible that a guy who started 12 games at left tackle in 2015 and 8 more in 2014 would somehow lose that job despite being the left tackle prior to injury....

But the more likely thought would be that was a lazy write up with no research. Now I will retract my statement if Park rolls onto the field game 1 and is throwing left handed.

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
I can't take a write up seriously that doesn't list Jake Campos as the starting left tackle. I mean it is possible that a guy who started 12 games at left tackle in 2015 and 8 more in 2014 would somehow lose that job despite being the left tackle prior to injury....

But the more likely thought would be that was a lazy write up with no research. Now I will retract my statement if Park rolls onto the field game 1 and is throwing left handed.

The "Post- Spring Depth Chart" thread on this site did not list Campos as LT. Consensus was RT.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
There is no way I know enough about other programs to have an opinion other than I expect K-State's to be very good. That's why the outsider comments are sort of interesting for me, to compare their comments about the Cats with my own understanding and then to look at what they have to say about others.

Here's the running back ranking. I believe, strongly, that K-State is way too low in this one.

1. WVU
  2. Baylor
  3. TCU
  4. K-State
  5. oSu
  6. OU
  7. Texas
  8. ISU
  9. Ku
  10. Tech
What makes you think KSU should be higher than what they are ranked at running back? (Also you didn't post the RB link).

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
The "Post- Spring Depth Chart" thread on this site did not list Campos as LT. Consensus was RT.

Well aware. I will still be stunned if game 1 Campos is not at LT. Not a knock on Foster I think when push comes to shove they will go with the guy they had #1 at LT last year prior to injury.

And if I am wrong... awesome. Means Foster flat out played Campos in Fall camp.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
What makes you think KSU should be higher than what they are ranked at running back? (Also you didn't post the RB link).
http://www.espn.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/120035/big-12-post-spring-position-rankings-rb-3

K-State returns all their running backs sans one. That includes an all-conference fullback, Winston Dimel. I believe sophomore RB Alex Barnes will be in the NFL. He average 100+/game at the close, then got hurt. 8 yards/carry for the season. Coach didn't play him much early-on deferring as is his custom to the senior. Plus, Alex will be running behind an outstanding line and QB.

Alex+Barnes+new+fs1.jpg

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
http://www.espn.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/120035/big-12-post-spring-position-rankings-rb-3

K-State returns all their running backs sans one. That includes an all-conference fullback, Winston Dimel. I believe sophomore RB Alex Barnes will be in the NFL. He average 100+/game at the close, then got hurt. 8 yards/carry for the season. Coach didn't play him much early-on deferring as is his custom to the senior. Plus, Alex will be running behind an outstanding line and QB.

Alex+Barnes+new+fs1.jpg
I don't know how you could justify ranking KSU any higher.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I don't think ISU's OL should be ranked dead last, however, I have no problem with the media putting them there. It should be our job to prove them wrong if we don't like it.

We're all acting as if we're returning this great OL, or at least a lot of returning starters. Truth is, we're not. We're young, inexperienced, and a HUGE question mark. Why wouldn't we start the year ranked dead last or very near there?

And don't act as if Campos is for sure our starting LT. Some say he will play RT, and Campbell himself didn't rule out moving him to guard if his foot speed doesn't get back to where it was before his injury. This line has some potential to be better than last years, however, from the outside looking in, it's basically starting over for the most part.

No matter what, when you win 3 games two years in a row, you have a lot to prove and shouldn't complain about any poor rankings in any area. I assure you, Campbell doesn't give a rat's *** where our OL is ranked.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron