New additions excited Prohm as Tailgate Tour gets underway

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
That last sentence in the article is either gonna make me really happy or piss me off.

• Agree
Reactions: no2cyclones

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Good information on Brase. I was curious if they had problems with the first surgery/rehab, and if they thought that was a factor in the 2nd injury.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneBBFan

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
That last sentence in the article is either gonna make me really happy or piss me off.

Have to admit this made me chuckle. I think I'm following you. Something tells me we won't necessarily find out who or what the "if things all could fit" will be, unless it happens.

• Friendly
Reactions: Pat

CycloneBBFan

Dec 21, 2015
"“We’re excited about those guys,” Prohm said. “I think those three freshmen and then Cameron Lard, really excited about those four guys and excited about the experience we’re bringing in now. We’re still bringing in a couple more."

Nice to see Prohm relaxed and positive about this years team. Based on the above quote we could have a couple more nice surprises in the weeks ahead.

Reactions: IA_Cyclone70

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
"“We’re excited about those guys,” Prohm said. “I think those three freshmen and then Cameron Lard, really excited about those four guys and excited about the experience we’re bringing in now. We’re still bringing in a couple more."

Nice to see Prohm relaxed and positive about this years team. Based on the above quote we could have a couple more nice surprises in the weeks ahead.

Something I like about Prohm is that he (at least publicly) spins things in a positive light in working with what he has, and moving on when things aren't great, or at least acknowledging where the improvements can be made. This past year's team seemed to play with a short memory and it may just be to his credit.

• Winner
Reactions: CycloneBBFan

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Still staggering to think about the "line change" we are having in our roster right now...

Wigginton
McNeill
Lewis
Lard
Shayok
Beverly
Brase
+1 (Jacobson?)
+1 (the mystery guy that CW will not disclose?)

We could easily have nine new men (without any walk-ons considered) next year.

The only members of the team who were even on the squad last year are going to be Jackson, NWB, Mr. Solomon Young, and Long, and Long did not play much being stuck behind all those awesome senior guards and likely not being healthy last year.

I guess Lard's half-year on a redshirt helps a little. We just have so little experience with college basketball right now, save for the upperclassmen transfers.

We have 12 (out of a possible 175 from last year) starts returning -- 6.9%.

Prohm deserves a ton of awards if he forges a productive, competitive team out of this.

Maintaining that "Georges/Naz" culture is not going to be easy under these changes, either.

Last edited:

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Also good to hear what kind of player he thinks lard will be his first year. Rim runner, defender and rebounder. I think that is why he wants Young to continue to work on his outside shot so if he can be the stretch big.

• Agree
Reactions: FinalFourCy

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Not really sure what to think about all the turbulence in the recruiting process the last couple years at ISU. Maybe that is just the way it is going to be from now on. .

There was a lot of rumblings that Carter and Ray Kasongo were not going to help the team very much. IF that is true, I have no problem with them leaving to go to another level and freeing a spot up for someone that might fit into the plan better. Just seems like the coaching staff took some desperation guys or has had some pretty bad misses.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Not really sure what to think about all the turbulence in the recruiting process the last couple years at ISU. Maybe that is just the way it is going to be from now on. .

There was a lot of rumblings that Carter and Ray Kasongo were not going to help the team very much. IF that is true, I have no problem with them leaving to go to another level and freeing a spot up for someone that might fit into the plan better. Just seems like the coaching staff took some desperation guys or has had some pretty bad misses.

Just a guess, but when you get hired in June and the roster needs 3 new guys in a hurry, the desperation part is due to what's available at that time. Again, it just was the 'situation/timimg' , imo, and the Bulls basically holding us hostage while the Thibs thing was worked out.

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
Just a guess, but when you get hired in June and the roster needs 3 new guys in a hurry, the desperation part is due to what's available at that time. Again, it just was the 'situation/timimg' , imo, and the Bulls basically holding us hostage while the Thibs thing was worked out.

Jordan Railey. Eric McKnight. Calvin Godfrey. Tavon Sledge. Cam Fowler. Okoro.

It happens, especially early on. Everything is ok.

• Useful
Reactions: cyched44

CycloneBBFan

Dec 21, 2015
I'll be glad when, for all practical purposes, the last two schollys get filled and we can call it a done deal for the 2017-2018 BB season.

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
Jordan Railey. Eric McKnight. Calvin Godfrey. Tavon Sledge. Cam Fowler. Okoro.

It happens, especially early on. Everything is ok.

I forgot about all those guys.

Tavon Sledge...LOL

Jordan Railey?!
16240.jpg

Help Support Us

Become a patron