NBA Draft Combine 2017: Monte Morris

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
This is only one source, but using it just for general reference ... Here’s their projected draft position of PGs (thru May 12)
1. Fultz
2. Ball
5. Fox
9. Smith
10. Ntilikina
29. Evans
36. F. Jackson
43. Sumner
48. Hart
53. Mason
56. Morris
57. Williams-Goss
58. Simmons
---> I think I got all of them.

It is a point guard-heavy draft. I know nothing about Ntilikina. I don't buy it that Frank Jackson gets picked ahead of Sumner, Hart, Mason or Morris, but what do I know?

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
This is only one source, but using it just for general reference ... Here’s their projected draft position of PGs (thru May 12)
1. Fultz
2. Ball
5. Fox
9. Smith
10. Ntilikina
29. Evans
36. F. Jackson
43. Sumner
48. Hart
53. Mason
56. Morris
57. Williams-Goss
58. Simmons
---> I think I got all of them.

It is a point guard-heavy draft. I know nothing about Ntilikina. I don't buy it that Frank Jackson gets picked ahead of Sumner, Hart, Mason or Morris, but what do I know?

Trimble?

32Cyclone Fan

Jan 31, 2008
D-Ex doesn't have Trimble in the first 2 rounds. That surprises me.
Even though Frank Mason was the NCAA player of the year his name wasn't listed on any of four mock drafts that I read earlier and on every one unless updated in the last day or two has Mason projected ahead of MM.

32Cyclone Fan

Jan 31, 2008

This is how NBAdraft.net ranked them on May 12th with the addition of White at #54 Seems over half of the NBA teams need point guards this year only 6 to 9 drafted last year.
1. Fultz 1.
2. Ball 2.
5. Fox 3.
9. Smith 7.
10. Ntilikina 8.
29. Evans 37.
36. F. Jackson 27.
43. Sumner 33.
48. Hart 48. but have him as a shooting guard
53. Mason 53.
56. Morris 47. Have seen him in the 38 range earlier
57. Williams-Goss 55.
58. Simmons 45.
Dozier 28.
White 54.

Zenthar

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 4, 2010
It seems like Monte was higher in these mock drafts before the combine. Anyone have any ideas on why he's dropping a little now?

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
http://www.nbadraft.net/2017mock_draft

Their latest projection has Monte joining Niang in Indy.

If that happens I hope they don't jerk him around like they did Georges last season. Either let him get reps in Fort Wayne or give him a chance in the rotation. Letting a young player languish at the end of the bench or sit in street clothes behind the bench does nothing for them.

Anyway, so much of Monte's success is going to have to do with him landing in the right system at the right time. You look at a guy like Malcolm Brogdon who was a mid second round pick, it's not as if he was a lottery talent that just got overlooked. He's a nice player, but put him anywhere in the league other than with Milwaukee and who knows if he even gets on the court? He just happened to fall into a situation where the team needed a big guard to play off the ball, and he turned out to be a better spot up shooter than anyone gave him credit for.

DaHiltonHaus1

Apr 28, 2017
I never thought Georges would be a great NBA player. I see a lot more potential in Monte as a late 1st early 2nd round pick. Right now he is a poor man's Kyrie Irving but with time he can be a starter with his high basketball IQ and much improved shooting over the last few years.

• Funny
Reactions: jbindm

iacyguy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 1, 2011
The Dirty Dodge
I never thought Georges would be a great NBA player. I see a lot more potential in Monte as a late 1st early 2nd round pick. Right now he is a poor man's Kyrie Irving but with time he can be a starter with his high basketball IQ and much improved shooting over the last few years.

I'm curious where where you see the similarities in Kyrie and Monte's game?
I see Kyrie much more as a score first guard.

• Agree
Reactions: CyberJJJ

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron