2017 St. Louis Cardinals Thread

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
I don't have the numbers and I don't even know where I would find them, but in my time as a cardinals fan, they always struggle against two types of pitchers: soft throwing lefties (Wandy Rodriquez) and rookies.

I don't know how many times a rookie pitcher has come in and shut them down but it sure seems like a lot.

Also, I'm tired of hearing that Cecil is a "slow starter." I get that for the first few weeks, but we are almost 40 games into the year.

• Agree
Reactions: cmjh10

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I don't have the numbers and I don't even know where I would find them, but in my time as a cardinals fan, they always struggle against two types of pitchers: soft throwing lefties (Wandy Rodriquez) and rookies.

I don't know how many times a rookie pitcher has come in and shut them down but it sure seems like a lot.

Also, I'm tired of hearing that Cecil is a "slow starter." I get that for the first few weeks, but we are almost 40 games into the year.
You didn't face a rookie last night...

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Eddie Butler isn't a rookie but he hasn't been long in the league and most of the Cardinals had not seen him before.

This is Butlers 4th season and his 29th start. Rookies are hard because most players haven't seen them and there is no film or advanced stats on them. The Cardinals had more then enough data to know who Butler was, they just got out maned.

DaHiltonHaus1

Apr 28, 2017
Carlos looks like a ball player without those hair things. Oh yeah, and he always owns the Cubs. The Cubs will never win a series with Carlos running the staff. He was out the 2015 series.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Carlos looks like a ball player without those hair things. Oh yeah, and he always owns the Cubs. The Cubs will never win a series with Carlos running the staff. He was out the 2015 series.
He is 3-3 with a 4.17 ERA in 10 starts against the Cubs...

Last edited:

DaHiltonHaus1

Apr 28, 2017
Since the slow start this team has gotten it's **** together. This looks like just another division winning team.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
**** off bode. That being said if Matheny can keep this quasi cobbled lineup together they should make the playoffs. Division winners? Eh maybe. The Cubs will play better than STL over the long haul, but I think the Cards can keep it interesting.

DaHiltonHaus1

Apr 28, 2017
**** off bode. That being said if Matheny can keep this quasi cobbled lineup together they should make the playoffs. Division winners? Eh maybe. The Cubs will play better than STL over the long haul, but I think the Cards can keep it interesting.
Clown alert.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron