Iowa lost another WR...

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
I see Tevian Smith is gone.. They literally will be starting true freshman or walk on juco kid who wanted to be at ISU then realized just how depleted little brother WR core was so he flipped. Hard to tell just how ready Vandy will be by the season. If he's good to go then at least they will have 1 WR who has a catch in P5 college football. I mean Iowa has never really had much of a WR/Passing game threat but this coming season could be brutally bad..like worst they've had ever under KF.

Sure they have a very good OL and Wadley at RB(Who i don't think will have the year some think he will) but they are starting a brand new QB with basically zero experience. And based on the rumors from spring scrimmage neither of them looked very good...at all. Their LB's are studs and i think they will have couple good DE's but the interior D line and secondary has some serious ? Marks heading into the season as well as depth.

Offensively I think this Iowa team will be one of the worst we've seen in a very long time (not that their offense has done really anything at all lately).

It will be the same old story..run the ball...accept this year there won't be CJB sitting back there bailing them out. Aside from Vandy, who is going to be any threat down the field? Not that he's much of a down field threat more of a possession WR albeit a darn decent one.

I think this Iowa season will be a not so good one...Their schedule is bit harder(for once in a decade) and they will have a new OC albeit an old one in O'Keefe. Make no mistake he will be running that offense with BF in the shadow. I think they lose to Wyoming who will have a pretty salty WAC team and one of the best QB's in the country coming to Kinnick.

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
you have to stack the box against them. But they still scare me. The line is good enough to beat on us even if we stack the box. Look at our LB unit. Not much depth, and not much size. Lanning lacks experience, it will only be his second game at that position. Even though their WRs are depleted, they still have Vandy, a guy that has burned our defensive backs over and over. Until we prove we have some one that can stay with him and make plays against him, they can always go to him to make a play. Plus, their TEs are good and Iowa will target the heck out them this year.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
I see Tevian Smith is gone.. They literally will be starting true freshman or walk on juco kid who wanted to be at ISU then realized just how depleted little brother WR core was so he flipped. Hard to tell just how ready Vandy will be by the season. If he's good to go then at least they will have 1 WR who has a catch in P5 college football. I mean Iowa has never really had much of a WR/Passing game threat but this coming season could be brutally bad..like worst they've had ever under KF.

Sure they have a very good OL and Wadley at RB(Who i don't think will have the year some think he will) but they are starting a brand new QB with basically zero experience. And based on the rumors from spring scrimmage neither of them looked very good...at all. Their LB's are studs and i think they will have couple good DE's but the interior D line and secondary has some serious ? Marks heading into the season as well as depth.

Offensively I think this Iowa team will be one of the worst we've seen in a very long time (not that their offense has done really anything at all lately).

It will be the same old story..run the ball...accept this year there won't be CJB sitting back there bailing them out. Aside from Vandy, who is going to be any threat down the field? Not that he's much of a down field threat more of a possession WR albeit a darn decent one.

I think this Iowa season will be a not so good one...Their schedule is bit harder(for once in a decade) and they will have a new OC albeit an old one in O'Keefe. Make no mistake he will be running that offense with BF in the shadow. I think they lose to Wyoming who will have a pretty salty WAC team and one of the best QB's in the country coming to Kinnick.

Tevaun Smith graduated after the 2015 season.

• Informative
Reactions: 19210

IfYouKnowYouKnow

Jan 24, 2017

I think you are referring to Jerminic Smith has left the program.

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014
Gonna put a lot of pressure on Wadley. He can't handle 30 carries a game the whole season

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
This is great news for Wadley, he'll be their leading receiver catching 55-60 passes this year, that has to help his draft stock.

• Funny
Reactions: Brandon

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Simply brain slip that's all..J Smith Yes..Je wasn't really good enough for me to remember his name but he was only 1-2 WR returning with any playing Exp...Now 1.

Don't disagree that Vandy killed us and CJB the last two years really with completely perfect pinpoint long passes that where honestly well covered.

Iowa last year still had the threat of passing ball past 15 yards with CJB and Smith or Vandy they just didn't that much unless it was isu game.

We will run a 4-3 all game and I don't disagree with depth at LB although I see Lanning, Harvey, Northrop, McMillon, Sutton and possibly Vance all getting minutes.

I'm also pretty confident that our DLine will be best DLine we've had in quite some time with actual DEs who look like they belong on big 12 field.

Last..Our offense will be 10x better than it was last year in that game.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Simply brain slip that's all..J Smith Yes..Je wasn't really good enough for me to remember his name but he was only 1-2 WR returning with any playing Exp...Now 1.

Don't disagree that Vandy killed us and CJB the last two years really with completely perfect pinpoint long passes that where honestly well covered.

Iowa last year still had the threat of passing ball past 15 yards with CJB and Smith or Vandy they just didn't that much unless it was isu game.

We will run a 4-3 all game and I don't disagree with depth at LB although I see Lanning, Harvey, Northrop, McMillon, Sutton and possibly Vance all getting minutes.

I'm also pretty confident that our DLine will be best DLine we've had in quite some time with actual DEs who look like they belong on big 12 field.

Last..Our offense will be 10x better than it was last year in that game.

Let's tone down that Kool aid drinking this early in summer. I think we all hope this team is better than last year, but to expect all of that is setting yourself up for disappointment. Then that disappointment turns to anger at the coaching staff for not living up to your expectations.