NBA Draft Combine 2017: Monte Morris

CycloneBBFan

Dec 21, 2015
Mika...
giphy.gif
Is that the Kung Fu move?

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I'm a die hard Cyclone fan, and Monte Morris fan, but if I were an NBA GM, I'm not sure I'd take Morris in the 1st round. I think early 2nd round, or he's a total steal if you get him mid to late 2nd round.

I think there are just too many question marks on him to go in the 1st. IMO, he's a career backup PG that you can rely on to come in and run the show with ease and not make mistakes, which is a very valuable asset on any team, but not sure you use a 1st rounder on someone like that or not?

Look at OKC for example. When Westbrook comes out, they could use someone to come in and run the show, not make mistakes, and keep them even with the other team while Westbrook gets a breather. The way it is now, when Westbrook sits, OKC becomes awful.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Its because we want them to go to the Spurs. Why wouldn't we want Cyclone players to be coached by the best coach in the league?

In this case, the Spurs might make some sense. Parker is old. Who else do they have besides Patty Mills?

Dejonte murray was their first round pick last year. As get stronger and more experienced, he will be their starting point guard for the end of Leonard's prime years.

And he'll be very very good.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Monte had 13 pts, 4 assists and 1TO Friday and played good defense..Taking care of the ball and not losing possessions is something of great value in bball. Monte will get drafted. He also shot better in drills than almost every player there and his interviews were likely at the top as well. He's a very low risk pick. He's also 21 which helps as well

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Here's some real "fake news" on Monte Morris. Sounds to me like some idiots trying to sabotage Monte's combine. What a bunch of BS.

http://www.thegazette.com/subject/s...laughs-off-nba-combine-injury-rumors-20170512

Huh? What part of that wasn't true? Multiple sources said he wasn't going to participate because of back spasms but he ended up playing and doing well. Exactly what the article stated. I guess you don't want to hear what Monte had to say about it?

• Creative
Reactions: ISUgrad02

CycloneBBFan

Dec 21, 2015
Huh? What part of that wasn't true? Multiple sources said he wasn't going to participate because of back spasms but he ended up playing and doing well. Exactly what the article stated. I guess you don't want to hear what Monte had to say about it?

Huh? What part of the above-posted article do you not understand? Someone started a rumor of bad back spasms and it was completely false. I have a hard copy of the newspaper in my hands and it was reported on local media as a complete lie. Monte tweeted it was false.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Huh? What part of the above-posted article do you not understand? Someone started a rumor of bad back spasms and it was completely false. I have a hard copy of the newspaper in my hands and it was reported on local media as a complete lie. Monte tweeted it was false.

Which is what the article says as well. I guess I just don't get the outrage over the article.

Edit. Never mind I don't think I took your comment the way you were meaning it. I thought you were calling the article fake news.

CycloneBBFan

Dec 21, 2015

No I guess you don't want to hear what Monte had to say about it. Try reading. It's easy. Here is a link to Monte's twitter. You might want to check your BS sources as well.

https://twitter.com/montemorris11?lang=en

• Useful
Reactions: Bewilderme

CycloneBBFan

Dec 21, 2015
Which is what the article says as well. I guess I just don't get the outrage over the article.

Edit. Never mind I don't think I took your comment the way you were meaning it. I thought you were calling the article fake news.
That's fine. If you think someone attempting to spread a false rumor like that is o.k. that your prerogative.

• Funny
Reactions: AgronAlum

CycloneBBFan

Dec 21, 2015
It may have been a team trying to lower his draft stock.

That could be but I think it backfired given Monte's performance. I'm simply stating it's pretty low life for someone to start a lie like that on one the most important days of his life. Pure scum move IMO.