Lil Ferentz takes digs at ISU

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Why did Todd need to "earn a offer" he already had one. Ross is the same thing, I don't get it. Why offer them if you don't want them? Iowa recruits kids all year and doesn't offer them. You don't have to offer to recruit a kid.

The thing is, you don't KNOW the conversations the staff has had with each kid. All we as fans see is a check mark on a website. It's not always so black and white. Maybe it's a conditional offer if the kid does well at camp. Maybe they offer while telling the kid that he's behind a few other kids and will need to wait for their decisions. Or maybe they tell the kid they are "going to offer" and he tells Rivals he has an offer. Maybe they told the kid he has an offer and never called again. We don't know how often there was contact or what was said. But you'd rather jump to the conclusion that you think makes the ISU staff look the worst, so go ahead.

Bottom line is that the ISU staff will continue to do what they think is best for ISU. If the strategy backfires, they will have to deal with it. I'm guessing that they are smart and organized enough to make the right decisions in recruiting.

• Agree
Reactions: rholtgraves

CycloneBBFan

Dec 21, 2015
No need to give that site more clicks than it deserves. Here's what was said about ISU:

“What has sped things up (in recruiting) in our state, especially, is the guys in Ames and then the new guys in Minneapolis seem to have no problem really throwing early things out,” Ferentz, 34, said, referring to scholarship offers. “And what I’ve learned – certainly about the guys in Ames, and I think we’ll find this about the guys in Minneapolis — what does an offer really mean? I can tell you this much: If the University of Iowa offers you a scholarship and you commit to us, we intend to sign you.

“I think you have to look no further than in-state, to see there were a lot of offers in the 2018 class that went out very early out of Ames. And I’m not sure all those guys were able to commit to them if they wanted to, because some of those guys have since gone other places.
Kirk Jr. is a jealous scared lil beatchy. He gonna get Cloned his first year in Ames.

• Funny
Reactions: YeahBuddy

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Yeah he does have a brother and yes it was Trout that said Cook was going pro after this year. Enjoy watching Cook while you can because after this year he's gone

Wouldn't it help to not have stone hands?

CycloneBBFan

Dec 21, 2015
You said his first year in Ames, he has played several games in Ames. Actually he is 3-1 as a player and coach on his visits to Jack Trice.

And I'm saying right now I think Kirk Jr. is going to get his ass kicked for many years to come in Jack Trice.

Hawkmi1987

Jun 27, 2016
Newton, Ia
And I'm saying right now I think Kirk Jr. is going to get his ass kicked for many years to come in Jack Trice.
17813887_354960421568226_746821763_n.gif

SOHCjAi.gif

Reactions: JacksLice

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
As ISU fans, we saw the intensity heat up in the Cy Hawk rivalry under when we had coaches that were native Iowan's, no shock to see BF doing everything he can do to try to beat ISU. Growing up in state, he knows exactly how important this rivalry is to the fans.

• Agree
Reactions: ICHawk24

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Where's the ire about what Wisconsin just did to their qb commit? Hell of a lot worse than what isu has done.

• Agree
Reactions: CyclONE Nation

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Wow. You took the time to sign up under a purposefully insulting handle - just to share tht little nugget of wisdom?!? That's frigging pathetic. That you lil Kirk???

I doubt if he will last long. He will get distracted and leave. Or post something over the top and get banned. Either is fine. Hope one happens soon.

Last edited:

Help Support Us

Become a patron