Steve Prohm sheds light on the plan for the team's final scholarship

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
@JStanz51 what do you make of this quote?

Maybe he just misspoke or do you think that there's a summer defection TBA?

cychase_

Mar 27, 2017
Ames
He might be talking about a potential walk on.
The only potential transfer would be Long and thats probably not going to happen so I'd say he's looking at a transfer. As I said in another thread before Illinois' DJ Williams is an intriguing guy that is a sit one play 2. struggled to find time on the court behind Malcolm Hill and Tracy Abrams but he definitely has the size and athletisism and a knack for scoring

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
It's either just miss speaking because we've had multiple open scholarships for awhile now, or there's truth to Kasongo having eligibility issues. No one is transferring out at this point.

• Agree
Reactions: jim4 and Messi

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Well, if this is how we sit at the post...

-- Beverly has that "big wing" spot covered
-- Weiler-Babb is athletic and lanky enough to defend 1-4 or even 1-5
-- have at least one good piece in Solomon, maybe two with Lard, as fulltime bigs
-- Brase gives you some experience and a stretch

...that might mean we have next year adequately "covered" before anything else and can work on a floor-spacing shooter or late sit out next.

CycloneBBFan

Dec 21, 2015
Thanks for the update. I've been wondering what's in store for the last scholly regarding the post-Brase commitment. Looks like it's coming down to a late spring, late summer, or mid-year transfer with the emphasis on immediate help and experience which makes sense.

It's going to be interesting if we pick up another front court guy or backcourt guy. I imagine that depends on availability. This is one of those times I wish I were a fly on the wall. Sounds like Prohm has some known targets that none of us are aware of. As it stands right now we have a very diverse group of players coming in. It's going to be very competitive for minutes.

spitfyr36

Dec 19, 2011
Thanks for the update. I've been wondering what's in store for the last scholly regarding the post-Brase commitment. Looks like it's coming down to a late spring, late summer, or mid-year transfer with the emphasis on immediate help and experience which makes sense.

It's going to be interesting if we pick up another front court guy or backcourt guy. I imagine that depends on availability. This is one of those times I wish I were a fly on the wall. Sounds like Prohm has some known targets that none of us are aware of. As it stands right now we have a very diverse group of players coming in. It's going to be very competitive for minutes.

I would be surprised if we fill that last spot with anything but a wing.

CycloneBBFan

Dec 21, 2015
I would be surprised if we fill that last spot with anything but a wing.

I tend to think the same way but with the Brase addition Prohm may switch back to another guard like Elijah Brown. Probably end up going after a very athletic combo at this point but who knows.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Even with what we are putting out there right now. Tourney is a long shot. Unlike others. I am ok with that. I think what we are doing will get us a long term plan instead of having to rely ever year on hoping we get a transfer. I would rather be all set and then if we can add even more it would help us instead of needing something every year and hoping it works out.