Lil Ferentz takes digs at ISU

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
ISU fans lectured Iowa for 5 years on how great Rhoads was. He was the second coming. Iowa was shaking in their boots, the almighty Rhoads was gonna dominate the state. He got Iowa's best recruit 3 years in a row.

Now ISU fans pretends they never spouted these platitudes. That CMC is just so different than any coach before him, that the fans had never believed in a coach so much before. Iowa is shaking in their boots, cause CMC is so awesome.

It is the same crap, different name. Wash, rinse, repeat.

CMC and his staff have made in-state recruiting a high priority. One of the first things they did when they arrived in Ames was a statewide tour to build relationships with HS coaches. CPR and his staff never really prioritized in state recruiting like that.

I'm fine if Iowa wants to continue to slow play these kids with extensive evaluation since they think they are layups because it's going to backfire. Nebby and MN are going to put a hurting on Iowa's recruiting as well and I have no problem with what BF said. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and K State will all be preseason top 20 teams plus I think Texas and West Virginia will be pretty good. That's half the league right there

I'm still in "wait and see" mode with Texas but I will be shocked if they don't turn the ship in the right direction this year.

• Agree
Reactions: The_Gent

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
I hope the Big 12 is down this year but I don't expect it to be. I think it will be better than last year

Lets not act like that is a challenge.

The Big 12 only had 1 more draft pick than the MAC a couple of weeks ago and 21 fewer than the next lowest P5 conference.

• Agree
Reactions: ICHawk24

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Lets not act like that is a challenge.

The Big 12 only had 1 more draft pick than the MAC a couple of weeks ago and 21 fewer than the next lowest P5 conference.

Yeah I expect it to improve, I'm not sure why Mashup expects it to be worse than last year

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I said 6 and you got really mad at me.

ISU will go bowling, but it isn't because they are much better, instead the Big12 is backsliding toward ISU.

It's really about finishing games. The past 2-3 seasons have been close but too many ISUisms (late fumbles, lack of execution in important moments) got in the way. I'm not saying ISU was good or will be...just win a few games and make it interesting. You literally have to be a Top-80 program to be bowl eligible.

Talent is one thing to overcome but so is the mentality...ISU's coach himself, CPR, blamed recruiting issues on the airport location.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
ISU fans lectured Iowa for 5 years on how great Rhoads was. He was the second coming. Iowa was shaking in their boots, the almighty Rhoads was gonna dominate the state. He got Iowa's best recruit 3 years in a row.

Now ISU fans pretends they never spouted these platitudes. That CMC is just so different than any coach before him, that the fans had never believed in a coach so much before. Iowa is shaking in their boots, cause CMC is so awesome.

Don't know what that has to do with my post. But good effort for trying to make it an opportunity to diss ISU.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
CMC and his staff have made in-state recruiting a high priority. One of the first things they did when they arrived in Ames was a statewide tour to build relationships with HS coaches. CPR and his staff never really prioritized in state recruiting like that.

I'm fine if Iowa wants to continue to slow play these kids with extensive evaluation since they think they are layups because it's going to backfire. Nebby and MN are going to put a hurting on Iowa's recruiting as well and I have no problem with what BF said. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

I don't think Campbell is doing anything differently in state than Rhoads did.
Nebraska always recruits well.
MN has done well with other coaches too.

• Agree
Reactions: stateofmind

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Sure, but how many players has ISU "burned"? If you're talking a pulled scholarship, that is one...the DE from TX (Lamp). The OL from IL was asked to greyshirt, but he still had a 5 year ride, so I don't know how that would piss a coach off. If you are talking slow playing guys further down on your list, everyone does that to some extent, so I don't know how a HS coach can hold a grudge about that.

I've heard they have already pulled a couple of offers on some Iowa kids and the HS coaches are not happy at all.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012

Pretty much this right here.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and K State will all be preseason top 20 teams plus I think Texas and West Virginia will be pretty good. That's half the league right there

Where will those teams end up? Baylor and TCU were pre season top 25 last year and they were not top 25 teams or even close to it.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines

And Iowa fans, and apparently coaches, would rather compare their "elite" football program to Iowa State and Minnesota. Why not go after Michigan, who according to your previous post has 194 current offers. It's the same thing with Iowa fans - they want to be in the conversation with the football elite, but won't schedule that way and steer the conversation about why they are better than perennial cellar-dwellars.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny

I actually agree with this post. But what makes me laugh is how you can't be happy KNOWING that ISU will be the same old pushover for the mighty hawks. You have to spend time on a Cyclone website spouting the same ****. Wash, rinse, repeat....

• Winner
Reactions: TheJackWePack5

MVCchamps

May 1, 2017
And Iowa fans, and apparently coaches, would rather compare their "elite" football program to Iowa State and Minnesota. Why not go after Michigan, who according to your previous post has 194 current offers. It's the same thing with Iowa fans - they want to be in the conversation with the football elite, but won't schedule that way and steer the conversation about why they are better than perennial cellar-dwellars.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

Where do Iowa fans say Iowa is elite? I see this myth here often, but never actually see isu fans showing us where this takes place. The AP says Iowa is the 26th best football program since they started polls in the 1930's. I can live with that. Good but no where near elite.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I've heard they have already pulled a couple of offers on some Iowa kids and the HS coaches are not happy at all.

I personally think that is BS. There's only a few that could even remotely qualify as that. Todd from CR might have been slow played, but no one forced him to commit to a MAC school in April. He could have very easily came to camp and gotten a spot. Or waited it out into fall. That MAC offer would have probably been there then too. Ross from Dowling might be in the same boat...offer on the table but he's probably down the list some. The only other one could be Clark from SC. No one knows where he sits. Iowa had an offer out to him too and they've pretty much filled up on RBs. Maybe both schools have moved on from him or maybe he's just not saying anything. We don't know.

ISU recruits Dowling and CR Washington hard. They stuck with Vance from CR when no one else did due to grades. I really doubt that those coaches are upset with the ISU staff.