Summer Concert Thread

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Soundgarden in Council Bluffs on 5/12

Metallica in Newton on 6/9

In this Moment in Des Moines on 7/26
They were supposed to perform at Awesome Biker Nights in Sioux City last year. Everything was cancelled because of a crazy storm that rolled in about 9pm so I just hung out at my hotel and drank beer.
They have to be one of the hardest working bands out there. It seems they are always on tour.

Reactions: isufbcurt

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Reel Big Fish is playing at Simon Estes on July 3 for Nitefall on the River. I haven't decided if I'm going to go, but that's one that sticks out in my mind.

My wife and mother-in-law are seeing Chris Isaak (playing @ Hoyt Sherman this August). Reminds of a quote from Flight of the Conchords:
"Women like three things:
* Men in kilts
* Southern Comfort
* and Chris Isaak's 'Wicked Game'"

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
The unusual.... 80-35, Hinterland.....
Not this summer but I also got Chris Stapleton Tickets
Was also looking at going to Nashville of Labor day for Live on the Green.... Great past lists, no announcement yet. I am was also looking at Turnpike Toubidours, Reel Big Fish and The Queers at Nite Fall on the River.
Diet Cigs also play at Gaslamp in June....

Also heard about this one festival the Ja Rule was putting on in the Bahamas.... Sounds amazing and free cheese sandwiches.

0u812

Jan 14, 2012
so far...Shinedown in Medford OR, and then just last week went to Las Rageous...two day rock festival in downtown Las Vegas. saw Killswitch Engage, All That Remains, Eagles of Death Metal, Mastadon, Coheed and Cambria, Godsmack, Avenged Sevenfold and others there. last week on a work trip saw Royal Bliss in a small bar in Billings MT. A good start to the concert season!

Reactions: DeftOne

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Nathaniel Rateliff and the Nightsweats (last night)
Beck
Ryan Adams
Wilco

** hoping to also get tickets for:
Connor Oberst
St. Paul and the Broken Bones
Drive By Truckers

I hate your face. SO jealous.

Ryan Adams will be at Hinterland, so I'll see him. Going to Tom Petty in June, and Hinterland in August. Have a big project going on at work, so I'm missing Electric Six, Turnpike Troubadours, and some of the others I really wanted to see this summer.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
No need to put the qualifier out there to justify seeing Hall & Oates. They kick ass.

Maneater, Private Eyes, I Can't Go for That, Say It Isn't So, You Make My Dreams, etc

What's not to like?

(I am also attending :))

Rich Girl, Out of Touch, Kiss Is On My List. All were available on the Call & Oates hotline once upon a time. Which is still programmed into my phone. Because Hall and Oates are freaking awesome.

(I could not talk Janny into going.)

Reactions: enisthemenace

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Rich Girl, Out of Touch, Kiss Is On My List. All were available on the Call & Oates hotline once upon a time. Which is still programmed into my phone. Because Hall and Oates are freaking awesome.

(I could not talk Janny into going.)

Wasn't sure if I should "like" this or not. The parenthesis make me sad for you :D

• Friendly
Reactions: Angie

DeftOne

Dec 30, 2014
Des Moines, IA
My concert lineup so far:

5/19 - Primus (Hoyt Sherman Place, Des Moines)
5/22 - Stone Sour, Green Death (Wooly's, Des Moines)
5/23 - Red Hot Chili Peppers (Wells Fargo, Des Moines)
5/25 - Everclear (Brenton Skating Plaza, Des Moines)
6/9 - Metallica, Volbeat, Avenged Sevenfold (Iowa Speedway, Newton)
7/8 - Hellyeah (Wooly's, Des Moines)
7/21 - Paul McCartney (Wells Fargo, Des Moines)
9/27 - Melvins (Wooly's, Des Moines)

It's going to be a great summer!

Reactions: 0u812 and Angie

LutherBlue

Oct 19, 2006
Reel Big Fish is playing at Simon Estes on July 3 for Nitefall on the River. I haven't decided if I'm going to go, but that's one that sticks out in my mind.

My wife and mother-in-law are seeing Chris Isaak (playing @ Hoyt Sherman this August). Reminds of a quote from Flight of the Conchords:
"Women like three things:
* Men in kilts
* Southern Comfort
* and Chris Isaak's 'Wicked Game'"
I saw Chris Isaak at a festival last summer and he was terrific, caught me completely by surprise.

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
My concert lineup so far:

5/19 - Primus (Hoyt Sherman Place, Des Moines)
5/22 - Stone Sour, Green Death (Wooly's, Des Moines)
5/23 - Red Hot Chili Peppers (Wells Fargo, Des Moines)
5/25 - Everclear (Brenton Skating Plaza, Des Moines)
6/9 - Metallica, Volbeat, Avenged Sevenfold (Iowa Speedway, Newton)
7/8 - Hellyeah (Wooly's, Des Moines)
7/21 - Paul McCartney (Wells Fargo, Des Moines)
9/27 - Melvins (Wooly's, Des Moines)

It's going to be a great summer!
Don't waste your time. Art has lost it big time, saw they at RAGBRAI a few years back... Possibly one of the worst shows of recent memory and it was free... I know the Grand bridge did not help, but they just seemed dated.

DeftOne

Dec 30, 2014
Des Moines, IA
Don't waste your time. Art has lost it big time, saw they at RAGBRAI a few years back... Possibly one of the worst shows of recent memory and it was free... I know the Grand bridge did not help, but they just seemed dated.
I was at that show, too. I thought they were OK actually, but I've been a fan since their first album so there may have been some bias.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Wasn't sure if I should "like" this or not. The parenthesis make me sad for you :D

I am so irrationally excited - I found $20 tickets on CraigsList. It's probably a scam, but he wants cash and we're meeting in public, so I'm PROBABLY not getting murdered.

• Optimistic
Reactions: ISU22CY and DeftOne