Desmond King wins Thorpe award

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
I follow the draft pretty closely. King was definitely projected as a mid 1st to early second last year before he decided to come back. This year he was a late 1st to mid 2nd before the combine, pro day, and senior bowl. Once the draft rolled around, he was roughly projected to go in the 3rd because teams didn't know where he would play. No way to tell if he made a bad decision to come back or not. I'm sure he would have had a similar drop last year if he declared.

Now, please stop arguing like stupid little children so I don't have to see this thread on the first page anymore. Y'all are getting annoying.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
I follow the draft pretty closely. King was definitely projected as a mid 1st to early second last year before he decided to come back. This year he was a late 1st to mid 2nd before the combine, pro day, and senior bowl. Once the draft rolled around, he was roughly projected to go in the 3rd because teams didn't know where he would play. No way to tell if he made a bad decision to come back or not. I'm sure he would have had a similar drop last year if he declared.

Now, please stop arguing like stupid little children so I don't have to see this thread on the first page anymore. Y'all are getting annoying.

Pretty easy, been trying to tell @CyTwins this. If King goes through combine and pro day last year, this very thing happens. He is a tweener, and was one last year as well.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Pretty easy, been trying to tell @CyTwins this. If King goes through combine and pro day last year, this very thing happens. He is a tweener, and was one last year as well.

King will end up being a very good safety. Better than Micah Hyde who just signed a 5 year $30 Million Deal with $14 Million guaranteed.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Hopefully it will be a lesson learned for future players that if they have the chance to leave they should probably do it. I'm sure the term "don't pull a Desmond King" will be referenced quite a bit to future NFL prospects

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
USA Today piling on with how bad of a decision King made.

C_EaXlRXsAAaXkE.jpg

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Hopefully it will be a lesson learned for future players that if they have the chance to leave they should probably do it. I'm sure the term "don't pull a Desmond King" will be referenced quite a bit to future NFL prospects

Did Brandon Scherff make a bad decision by coming back?

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
USA Today piling on with how bad of a decision King made.

C_EaXlRXsAAaXkE.jpg

This is an awful write up. First team All Big 10 and being a consensus All American defines a "poor" season now? I thought he was fantastic as always last year. He shut down half of the field as opposing teams didn't even look his way.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
This is an awful write up. First team All Big 10 and being a consensus All American defines a "poor" season now? I thought he was fantastic as always last year. He shut down half of the field as opposing teams didn't even look his way.

I didn't write the article. Usually when someone pulls a "Desmond King" by returning and costs themselves millions people will be overly critical of their decision

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I didn't write the article. Usually when someone pulls a "Desmond King" by returning and costs themselves millions people will be overly critical of their decision

You must agree with the article if you posted it. Glad I have a mind of my own.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
I assume they mean "poor" season because (on paper) it can only go downhill after winning the Thorpe Award.

CyclONE Nation

Mar 16, 2017
Definitely. Guy is electric. They'll find lots of ways to work him into their D backfield as well. Not surprising Chargers fans are so excited about him.

Do you have a poster of him taped to the ceiling above your bed?