U of I loses $1.4 million in lawsuit

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Juries are dumb and easily manipulated. The justice system is just as screwed up as the rest of America. And no I'm not talking about this case in particular because all I've paid attention to are what people are talking about on the radio.

I love that the lawyer says she's $1.4 million dollars richer while we know that is bunk as they will take a good 30-50% chunk I imagine and then the government may take another good chunk.

Hawkmi1987

Jun 27, 2016
Newton, Ia
Juries are dumb and easily manipulated. The justice system is just as screwed up as the rest of America. And no I'm not talking about this case in particular because all I've paid attention to are what people are talking about on the radio.

I love that the lawyer says she's $1.4 million dollars richer while we know that is bunk as they will take a good 30-50% chunk I imagine and then the government may take another good chunk.
I hate when people like this are rewarded for being total idiots. It's the way society is nowadays. Everybody that meets her hates her. No overt proof of discrimination in any way. Nice job, jury. Idiots.

EnhancedFujita

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2013
Johnston
Don't they have another similar lawsuit coming up too. The little I'd heard was that if this one went against EIU that the next one will likely as well.

• Agree
Reactions: CycoCyclone

Hawkmi1987

Jun 27, 2016
Newton, Ia
Don't they have another similar lawsuit coming up too. The little I'd heard was that if this one went against EIU that the next one will likely as well.
Yes against Meyers former subordinate and current wife, who used to be the Women's Field Hockey coach, Tracey Griesbaum. I expect them to now settle that case, after Meyer won her civil case.

• Agree
Reactions: CycoCyclone

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Sounds like a lack of documentation is what did them in. Iowa's attorneys claimed that there were tons of complaints against her, and that's why she was let go, but none of it was documented. Official documentation only showed satisfactory performance reviews.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I hate when people like this are rewarded for being total idiots. It's the way society is nowadays. Everybody that meets her hates her. No overt proof of discrimination in any way. Nice job, jury. Idiots.
Mark Emmert reported that she had good performance reviews.

Entropy

Oct 27, 2008
Cedar Rapids, IA
Sounds like a lack of documentation is what did them in. Iowa's attorneys claimed that there were tons of complaints against her, and that's why she was let go, but none of it was documented. Official documentation only showed satisfactory performance reviews.
That's management 101 right there.
Document, document, document.

Hawkmi1987

Jun 27, 2016
Newton, Ia
Mark Emmert reported that she had good performance reviews.
Which is exactly why she won her case. UI brought no physical evidence forward, only testimony. It basically turned into a battle of he said she said, and due to the fact that many of the people that testified are currently still working for Gary Barta I think it may have skewed the jury in some ways.