MLB: 2017 Minnesota Twins Thread

SWCy13

Nov 14, 2011
Sano looks so much better this year. Very patient at the plate. Obviously a bunch of strikeouts still, but I think if he can be Adam Dunn plus play decent D at 3rd base, he'll be a perennial all star. His defense has been pretty good this year, he made a really nice play on a bunt last night.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Checking in on the Twins/Royals game. Why is Mauer batting cleanup again? JFC. It's almost the end of April now and he had only three extra base hits.

Edit: Mauer with an clutch extra base hit! :eek:

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: KezClone

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
Checking in on the Twins/Royals game. Why is Mauer batting cleanup again? JFC. It's almost the end of April now and he had only three extra base hits.

Edit: Mauer with an clutch extra base hit! :eek:

Im more surprised by two extra base hits in a row.

Half inch from a grand slam for sano

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Nice comeback by the Twins last night despite yet another clunker of a start by Gibson.

Just keep hanging around.

Yep, Gibson and Buxton are the biggest disappointments thus far. An 8 era and .100 BA is not going to cut it if they want to hang around long.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Nice comeback by the Twins last night despite yet another clunker of a start by Gibson.

Just keep hanging around.

18 home games in May which is good news. Only three are against the Royals which is bad news. Mostly teams that do not suck on the docket for May.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Twins up 8-0 tonight. All runs scored on homeruns and Mauer and buxton each have one.

It's fun that they are playing decent this year so far.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Likely going to to Minnesota when the Rockies are coming in mid-may. Last time Rockies went to Minny I went to 2 games and had standing room only for 1 game and right outfield seats for the second game.

Looked online via twins site at mlb.com and looks like I can get tickets in any section. What would Twins fans who have been to a few games would suggest as the best seats to see the action? Outfield seats are good but hard to judge how far the ball travels from out there at times.

Don't want to get the super expensive seats.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Likely going to to Minnesota when the Rockies are coming in mid-may. Last time Rockies went to Minny I went to 2 games and had standing room only for 1 game and right outfield seats for the second game.

Looked online via twins site at mlb.com and looks like I can get tickets in any section. What would Twins fans who have been to a few games would suggest as the best seats to see the action? Outfield seats are good but hard to judge how far the ball travels from out there at times.

Last few times I have gone were down the left field and down the right field lines. Friend has a mini-pack and she moved from left to right last year. Kinda like those seats but don't go much because the Twins have sucked so bad and it's pretty expensive when you tab up parking, food and drink for AAA quality ball. If you are coming a couple hundred miles to see your team, get decent seats. Treat yourself.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Last few times I have gone were down the left field and down the right field lines. Friend has a mini-pack and she moved from left to right last year. Kinda like those seats but don't go much because the Twins have sucked so bad and it's pretty expensive when you tab up parking, food and drink for AAA quality ball. If you are coming a couple hundred miles to see your team, get decent seats. Treat yourself.

In a interesting coincidence Colorado plays 3 game series with both Minn. and KC on the road so 2 times my team is a 3 hour drive away. The Twins matchup is always fun as before the Rockies existed my team was the Twins.

Reactions: mj4cy

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa

I like the left field line down low. Good view of downtown and its close to the trainstop. Shouldn't be hard to get tix after the last few crap seasons.

Reactions: BoxsterCy

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
After all the hoopla about Buxton, it seems unlikely they would trade him now, particularly after giving him every chance to succeed. What's silly is Bremer and Blyleven wetting their pants every time he tries to bunt his way on a la Carew. We were told he is a 5-tool guy, he should be able to hit better than this.

On the positive side, the new hitting coach has apparently taught Sano about the strike zone (and how it can be his friend) and laying off curve balls (which most of the time are not his friend).

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis

If you get seats in the lower deck, in the last couple of sections down the lines, those will probably offer the best combination of price and view. Otherwise, if you can get in the lower rows of the upper deck, you should be fine. The upper deck is nice as it does protect you from the rain. I prefer the left field line because of the downtown views. On the right field side, your eyes tend to get glued to the big screen over the left field bleachers. I don't think any of the seats are too bad. They made the park pretty compact. Sometimes, you can get really good prices on Stubhub.

I'm actually going on Friday (friend's company tickets) and sitting in the Legends Club. It should be a pretty good time.

• Informative
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
...If you are coming a couple hundred miles to see your team, get decent seats. Treat yourself.

Agree. And if you're a long time Twins fan, scalp tickets to the Legends seats. Get there early and check out all the displays. Very cool to see at least one time.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC

The one game I went to we sat quite a ways up along the left field line and I had no trouble seeing anything. It was nice and close to the train stop as well.

One thing I always consider is what time the game is and whether you'll be looking into the sun.

Weird question to anyone. Do most fields have the hitters facing north or northeast? I've been to seven different stadiums and I'm thinking the left field seats were along the west side in every one.

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
The one game I went to we sat quite a ways up along the left field line and I had no trouble seeing anything. It was nice and close to the train stop as well.

One thing I always consider is what time the game is and whether you'll be looking into the sun.

Weird question to anyone. Do most fields have the hitters facing north or northeast? I've been to seven different stadiums and I'm thinking the left field seats were along the west side in every one.

Only MLB I've been to that wasn't laid out the way you described was County Stadium in Milwaukee, where the batters faced southeast. The wind used to blow in off Lake Michigan, straight in from left field, and likely cost Aaron lots of potential HRs. (I think Miller Park is similar in layout, with batters facing either southeast or south.)

Kansas City - batters face north. Wrigley - northeast. Comiskey may have been like County Stadium, but that was along time ago.........I'm pretty sure Coors Field in Denver is north-facing also. Good question.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Only MLB I've been to that wasn't laid out the way you described was County Stadium in Milwaukee, where the batters faced southeast. The wind used to blow in off Lake Michigan, straight in from left field, and likely cost Aaron lots of potential HRs. (I think Miller Park is similar in layout, with batters facing either southeast or south.)

Kansas City - batters face north. Wrigley - northeast. Comiskey may have been like County Stadium, but that was along time ago.........I'm pretty sure Coors Field in Denver is north-facing also. Good question.

My co-worker said he was thinking the old Met used to face south or southeast. I saw my first Twins game there, but I was way too young to care what direction I was facing. After a quick search, I do believe he was right.

metropolitan16_top.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2017-5-3_14-3-54.jpeg
    upload_2017-5-3_14-3-54.jpeg
    6 KB · Views: 3

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis

It's an illuminati thing. Just like how D.C. is laid out in a way to honor Freemasons... I probably read too many spy/conspiracy novels.