***Official NBA Playoffs Thread***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Desiigner

Jul 6, 2016
John Wall has been playing incredible, you can't guard him. IMO he's top 3 pg in the league

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Will Fred survive next week?
He has to be asked the question why his team won't play hard for him.
Last night's game was pathetic, especially on defense. Lots of bball folks around the country, like Vitale, are ripping the effort.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
Wonder how bad it would have had to get for a "fire Hoiberg" chant to crank up in Hilton. Hope you're enjoying things over there, Fred.

DaHiltonHaus1

Apr 28, 2017
Wonder how bad it would have had to get for a "fire Hoiberg" chant to crank up in Hilton. Hope you're enjoying things over there, Fred.
Come on dude, he left so he could help us. His heart was in the NBA, you can't fault him for that. In addition he felt like he couldn't get us to the next level, and I appreciate his guts for admitting that. It's better than what Rhoads did to us.

• Agree
Reactions: awd4cy

DaHiltonHaus1

Apr 28, 2017
I think it's time to have a discussion about LeBron being the greatest of all time. He hasn't lost a series vs an Eastern Conference team since 2010. 2010! Fred Hoiberg had yet to coach a game at Iowa State at the time of his last series loss. What can't this guy do? There are players that can't do things he does, but there is nothing other players do that he can't do. It's going to be funny to watch LeBron beat the team that needed to add Durant this offseason.

Cardinal&Gold11

Nov 6, 2007
The land of Eastern Iowa University
I think it's time to have a discussion about LeBron being the greatest of all time. He hasn't lost a series vs an Eastern Conference team since 2010. 2010! Fred Hoiberg had yet to coach a game at Iowa State at the time of his last series loss. What can't this guy do? There are players that can't do things he does, but there is nothing other players do that he can't do. It's going to be funny to watch LeBron beat the team that needed to add Durant this offseason.

I'd say that Lebron guy is pretty good at basketball. I love that people will continue to point to his finals record to somehow show that it makes him unclutch, or not one of the best ever. It makes no sense! The guy is one of the best players to ever play the game, and people want to complain like he insulted them personally. I have players I don't like as much as others, but never hate on people. I enjoy watching insanely talented people do their thing.

Reactions: DaHiltonHaus1

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
I'd say that Lebron guy is pretty good at basketball. I love that people will continue to point to his finals record to somehow show that it makes him unclutch, or not one of the best ever. It makes no sense! The guy is one of the best players to ever play the game, and people want to complain like he insulted them personally. I have players I don't like as much as others, but never hate on people. I enjoy watching insanely talented people do their thing.
People kill LeBron for losing multiple Finals but they don't kill MJ for losing multiple (3?) first round series. LeBron has lost zero.

CycloneRulzzz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
People kill LeBron for losing multiple Finals but they don't kill MJ for losing multiple (3?) first round series. LeBron has lost zero.

Mj's 3 opening round losses were in 85 (7 seed),86 (8 seed),87 (8 seed). 2 of those 3 were to the Celtics who were pretty good in the mid 80's.

Last edited:

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
SMH

Mj's 3 opening round losses were in 85,86,87. Before Pippen and Grant were there. 2 of those 3 were to the Celtics who were pretty good in the mid 80's.

That doesn't change the fact that LeBron has NEVER lost in the opening round. I don't think LeBron is quite past MJ on the GOAT scale but MJ fanboys have to start accepting the fact that it's closer than they think.

• Agree
Reactions: ISUCY23 and Dandy

Desiigner

Jul 6, 2016
LeBron is the goat. There's always going to be those stuck in the past bulls fans that say MJ is better

• Agree
Reactions: DaHiltonHaus1

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
SMH

Mj's 3 opening round losses were in 85,86,87. Before Pippen and Grant were there. 2 of those 3 were to the Celtics who were pretty good in the mid 80's.
I might have let this post slide but you included the "Before Pippen and Grant were there." That is not an excuse. Have you seen some of the teams LeBron has carried to the Finals?

Does LeBron get a pass for his 2007 Finals loss? His team was complete garbage and he played against the Spurs who were pretty good in the mid 2000's.

Does LeBron get a pass for his 2015 Finals loss? His team was without Irving and Love. The Warriors were pretty good in 2015.

DaHiltonHaus1

Apr 28, 2017
LeBron is the goat. There's always going to be those stuck in the past bulls fans that say MJ is better
Things that LeBron can do Jordan couldn't do. Guard all 5 positions, get his teammates involved, be a good person in the locker room by not punching his teammates, deal with all the heat that comes at him in the social media, dominate against other athletic guys- just not a bunch of short white guys, make it to the Finals EVERY YEAR. LeBron is also much more athletic than Jordan. There was this fake perception LeBron wasn't clutch, well I'm here to tell you his clutch numbers have now surpassed Jordan. There is also another fake perception that Jordan never missed any clutch shots. He missed a lot of them. Once LeBron beats Golden State in about a month for his 4th ring, he will be looked at by me and many others as the greatest of all time. What he has done in the finals since that Mavs series trumps what Jordan ever did. Beating a 73 win team, beating that same team that added Kevin Durant the next year, and beating a Spurs dynasty. Who did Jordan beat, the Jazz with Hornacek and Stockton guarding him lol? And that choke artist Malone. He beat a Sonics team that was a 1 year wonder and was pretty worthless beyond that year. A washed up Magic? That 'juggernaut' Blazers team. And overrated Barkley who always choked under pressure lol. This is the best era of basketball ever with all the great athletes today. The players are faster and stronger then ever, and LeBron puts himself above any one player in the league.

Desiigner

Jul 6, 2016
Things that LeBron can do Jordan couldn't do. Guard all 5 positions, get his teammates involved, be a good person in the locker room by not punching his teammates, deal with all the heat that comes at him in the social media, dominate against other athletic guys- just not a bunch of short white guys, make it to the Finals EVERY YEAR. LeBron is also much more athletic than Jordan. There was this fake perception LeBron wasn't clutch, well I'm here to tell you his clutch numbers have now surpassed Jordan. There is also another fake perception that Jordan never missed any clutch shots. He missed a lot of them. Once LeBron beats Golden State in about a month for his 4th ring, he will be looked at by me and many others as the greatest of all time. What he has done in the finals since that Mavs series trumps what Jordan ever did. Beating a 73 win team, beating that same team that added Kevin Durant the next year, and beating a Spurs dynasty. Who did Jordan beat, the Jazz with Hornacek and Stockton guarding him lol? And that choke artist Malone. He beat a Sonics team that was a 1 year wonder and was pretty worthless beyond that year. A washed up Magic? That 'juggernaut' Blazers team. And overrated Barkley who always choked under pressure lol. This is the best era of basketball ever with all the great athletes today. The players are faster and stronger then ever, and LeBron puts himself above any one player in the league.
That run down block in game 7 was one of the clutchest plays in NBA history. LeBron is the best all-around basketball player and probably the best athlete of all time. If they win the championship than idk how you couldn't call him the goat

DaHiltonHaus1

Apr 28, 2017
That run down block in game 7 was one of the clutchest plays in NBA history. LeBron is the best all-around basketball player and probably the best athlete of all time. If they win the championship than idk how you couldn't call him the goat
I don't even know why teams in the East even try. The last time LeBron James lost in the Eastern Conference was 2010, and I'm not convinced he was tanking in game 5 because he wanted a reason to leave town. Once LeBron got some above average help in Miami with Bosh and Wade, he won them rings. If Wade didn't break down worse than a 300,000 mile car, he may have stayed in Miami. LeBron was tired of carrying the team the whole regular season. If he didn't play that last year, they would have won probably about 30 games which is why I think he deserved MVP over Durant that year. LeBron should be the MVP this year because he is the best player, but the media hates him. It makes no sense. Give up East. Smart decisions.