Alert: WILLIAMS: CF launches Patreon page, please read

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
You could partner with some of the other "Patreon's" (models) ;) and really drive up viewership and revenues.

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
I do sympathize with you a lot about the ads because I know you want to give the best product possible. I think this option will be a good one. I hope in the near future I can begin contributing as well but I need a job first.

I think the advertising industry has gone really downhill he last couple years. There are to many invasive slow loading advertisements coupled with what seem to be malicious ads. I think that industry has a great opportunity for someone to come up with a system that isn't intrusive.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
I do sympathize with you a lot about the ads because I know you want to give the best product possible. I think this option will be a good one. I hope in the near future I can begin contributing as well but I need a job first.

I think the advertising industry has gone really downhill he last couple years. There are to many invasive slow loading advertisements coupled with what seem to be malicious ads. I think that industry has a great opportunity for someone to come up with a system that isn't intrusive.

You are correct. What sucks is that it is 100 percent out of my control. The good news is the folks we partnered with last month are REALLY smart and are working hard to clean up the site's junk. Thanks for your comment.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Is a "premium" account still coming that gives you access to the same content and forum, only without advertisements included with the experience?

Still very into that idea.

I was going to see what that costs monthly and add onto it a figure in the Patreon. I have a number in my head on what is the appropriate total to give.

There is a snowball's chance in you-know-where I could keep up my Cyclone fandom this far away from Iowa without CF content, so this is valuable to me.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
This is a great idea and with the amount of content that has been provided over the years I don't think there should be any level of uncomfortableness asking for donations.

Sort of random question but how is your fandom with Iowa State Athletics? You mention consistently being busy with the site and covering the school, but does this allow any time for you to enjoy our athletics programs? Obviously you have to try to keep things in check somewhat emotionally to keep things from bleeding into your work. Just curious as to how covering the clones non stop has affected your fan relationship with them.

• Informative
Reactions: SoapyCy

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Is a "premium" account still coming that gives you access to the same content and forum, only without advertisements included with the experience?

Still very into that idea.

I was going to see what that costs monthly and add onto it a figure in the Patreon. I have a number in my head on what is the appropriate total to give.

There is a snowball's chance in you-know-where I could keep up my Cyclone fandom this far away from Iowa without CF content, so this is valuable to me.

Yes. We plan to launch two tiers of a "premium" membership later this summer. One will include no ads.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
This is a great idea and with the amount of content that has been provided over the years I don't think there should be any level of uncomfortableness asking for donations.

Sort of random question but how is your fandom with Iowa State Athletics? You mention consistently being busy with the site and covering the school, but does this allow any time for you to enjoy our athletics programs? Obviously you have to try to keep things in check somewhat emotionally to keep things from bleeding into your work. Just curious as to how covering the clones non stop has affected your fan relationship with them.

That is a really good question. Can I think about how to answer it and maybe write a column about it for you?

yler4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 23, 2009
Ankeny, IA
If we get up to a certain milestone can we convince Charter, A. Gray and Williams to get tattoos of each other?

In all seriousness, I really enjoy this site, and donating money to a great cause is a no brainer.

Last edited:

ccruzen

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 19, 2009
Urbandale
latest

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
How much will the premium membership cost? Because I like my CF, like I like my everything, premium.

• Winner
Reactions: aauummm

JayV

Really Big Member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 28, 2012
Yes. We plan to launch two tiers of a "premium" membership later this summer. One will include no ads.

I assume you don't have details determined yet, otherwise this would be in place today, but are you able to ballpark the costs for the ad free option?

That's the way I'd like to go, but if it's going to be $500 per year or something then I'll support in other ways.

Thanks. The site is great, and it's worth supporting to keep it.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Don't blame you guys a bit for asking for help. It's not pressured but know it'll go to good use.

One thing that could be helpful/cool is people could get a "donor" or something under their name. I think we did that 10 years ago or so.

Reactions: aauummm