From DA BEARS! to Duh, Bears...

cdekovic

Mar 25, 2006
Ames
Well the Chicago Bears, in their infinite drafting wisdom, have turned seven draft picks into five and, of that five, took 3 NonFCS players. Sounds like the foundation of a great arena league team. Look out Barnstormers! Are you kidding me? Have the Bears hired a MAC coach as their draft coordinator? There are so many "Best Player Available" lists out there. Did the Bears even Google, "Best Players Available"? I'm thinking not...wait until next year when they can give away the number one pick to get the number two pick along with all their other future picks. UNBELIEVABLE!

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
A feast or famine game plan.

Makes me remember the glory days of the 3 headed QB monster

Where have you gone, Bob Avellini, Mike Phipps, and Vince Evans?

Any one of those 3 handsome men were ready to step in and fire soul crushing interceptions. A golden age

• Funny
Reactions: algonacy

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I dont think drafting Trubisky was a bad move at all, I acctually think he will be a good QB, reminds me of Wentz and Stafford. However, giving up their 3rd and 4th round pick, plus a 2018 3rd round pick is absolute ludicrous, especially when he was likely to be there at 3, and if he wasn't, there were other QB's who would of been just as good. I feel like SF got word they wanted him, and punked the Bears big time into thinking they were going to take him.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I dont think drafting Trubisky was a bad move at all, I acctually think he will be a good QB, reminds me of Wentz and Stafford. However, giving up their 3rd and 4th round pick, plus a 2018 3rd round pick is absolute ludicrous, especially when he was likely to be there at 3, and if he wasn't, there were other QB's who would of been just as good. I feel like SF got word they wanted him, and punked the Bears big time into thinking they were going to take him.

They actually punked them into thinking other teams were were wanting to move up to get him and were offering "a LOT" to do so. That made the Bears panic and offer the farm. Nobody will likely ever know if there were any other teams calling or what they were offering. SF made the deal of the draft right there though, no question.

If Trubisky isn't the real deal, there will be a lot of people shown the door in Chicago's front office though.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
What were the Bears even seeing in Trubisky? Trubisky was just as blindsided as the fans and said he only worked out for the team once. The front office must have really liked what they saw. Mike Wilbon was on Rich Eisen on Friday and said Trubisky has to at least get to a Super Bowl to make it worth that kind of investment.

The silver lining for the Bears is that they are out of the spotlight now that the Bills fired their GM this morning. They keep the guy for the draft and then get rid of him the very next day? Beyond stupid.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
And they traded up for him. Was SF really a risk to take him? They just gave away picks to SF. Dumb trade, even if you like the player.

• Agree
Reactions: isu2014

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
And they traded up for him. Was SF really a risk to take him? They just gave away picks to SF. Dumb trade, even if you like the player.
I thought it was the some team was threatening to trade up and take him.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
They actually punked them into thinking other teams were were wanting to move up to get him and were offering "a LOT" to do so. That made the Bears panic and offer the farm. Nobody will likely ever know if there were any other teams calling or what they were offering. SF made the deal of the draft right there though, no question.

If Trubisky isn't the real deal, there will be a lot of people shown the door in Chicago's front office though.

No they won't.

Informally speaking The Bears are like most NFL teams that simply don't have a good management situation.

I can't remember the last time they didn't look like a CPR-era ISU team that didn't have much of a foundation for consistency, even when they had nice records.

HGoat

Dec 18, 2014
Denver, Colorado
A kid at the age of 17 sad he likes to kiss tits? OMG WHAT WERE THE BEARS THINKING?

I was just kidding. Always a favorite past time of mine to see the old tweets people dig up after a player gets picked. Most people seem to have a good sense of humor about it.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
I'm mean do we think Jim McMahon wasn't into titty kissing???

Give the kid a break. There'll be plenty of real reasons to kill the guy
You know, this twitter post has managed to help me not be completely furious about this pick. If this kid is anything like JMcM he should just own it. Show up to his first presser w/ a beer, maybe a couple babes with nice...well, we all know...

Help Support Us

Become a patron