**** Official NFL Draft 2017 Thread ****

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

JusHappy2BeHere

Jan 22, 2013
Houston, TX
Pick 209 coming and ISU has the same number of players taken as my Bears... good thing KD Cannon and Ish Zamora came out early... maybe should have waited one more year and let the media start focusing on their next crusade...

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Another draft, and another year of me wondering how Rick Spielman keeps his job.
I really liked what they did. Got 2 interior linemen, a couple of linebackers, a big Dt, a talented running back, a raw freak athlete tight end, and some project players late. Addressed a lot of needs, I thought.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
I really liked what they did. Got 2 interior linemen, a couple of linebackers, a big Dt, a talented running back, a raw freak athlete tight end, and some project players late. Addressed a lot of needs, I thought.

Agree. I thought RB, C, and TE were their best picks.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Another draft, and another year of me wondering how Rick Spielman keeps his job.

Thought the Vikings had a great draft.

You obviously have forgotten about the Vikings before Spielman. Remember 2003 when the Vikings missed their selection twice before recovering and selecting Kevin Williams. Kevin Williams ended up being a great player but what a chaotic mess.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Thought the Vikings had a great draft.

You obviously have forgotten about the Vikings before Spielman. Remember 2003 when the Vikings missed their selection twice before recovering and selecting Kevin Williams. Kevin Williams ended up being a great player but what a chaotic mess.

If that's where you're setting the bar for a GM, you're probably happy with Spielman.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006

I think two of them actually make the roster.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
If that's where you're setting the bar for a GM, you're probably happy with Spielman.

Just reminding you of the chaos the Vikings had prior to Spielman.

Vikings actually lead the NFL in Draft Pick Retention on the team. So he must be doing at least decent.

This is from April 2016.

http://www.vikings.com/news/article...Spielman/58e32d35-cb2d-4beb-8554-aa6296bb1341

I thought the selection of the Michigan LB was a real reach. But the selection of RB Cook and the Ohio State Center/Guard were homeruns. Jaleel Johnson was a good pick IMO. And the pick of the OG late and the TE that is an athletic freak were good choices as well. That late WR pick will return kicks and punts.

Overall the Vikings got at least a couple starters and a couple of top reserves in the Draft. That is actually pretty good. And they did not have a 1st Round Pick since they used that to get Sam Bradford.

Last edited:

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I think two of them actually make the roster.
That's silly. Cook, Elflein, Johnson, and Gedeon are locks. They'll stash a few on practice squad, to be sure, but there will be more than 2 that make the 53 man.

• Agree
Reactions: CTTB78

DaHiltonHaus1

Apr 28, 2017
I love what the Vikes did! Even though Johnson is a Chokeye, he has good upside. Having a 1 2 combo with Cook and Latavius can be deadly with that run blocking o-line (if healthy obviously).

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron