**** Official NFL Draft 2017 Thread ****

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
What does peppers play every down? OLB?

That's the million dollar question, right? I think most teams had him projected to play safety, but Hue Jackson is already on the record as saying that they're going to find ways to get him involved on offense as well. He's an interesting player. Boom or bust, and a lot of it will depend on how he gets used.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
The Bears must have been freaking out that the Browns were on the phone by giving up so much for the NC kid. Easily the top bonehead move of the night. 49ers were the other side of the coin. Great 1st round.

Things played out well for the Vikes as good O and D lineman will be there in the second round. Hope Foreman is still there in the fourth round.

Last edited:

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
The Bears must have been freaking out that the Browns were on the phone by giving up so much for the NC kid. Easily the top bonehead move of the night. 49ers were the other side of the coin. Great 1st round.

Things played out well for the Vikes as good O and D lineman will be there in the second round. Hope Foreman is still there in the fourth round.

Yeah, I thought the Bears got fleeced. It was a very Browns-like move. Why bother getting the project QB when the rest of your roster is trash? Even if he ends up being decent, you're setting him up to fail.

For John Lynch, great start to his career as a GM. Foster's a bit of a risk with his immaturity issues, but at #31 you can't argue with the value.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Oh great, Ted Thompson passes on Dalvin Cook, and then the Vikes trade up and get him. That move will come back to haunt my Packers I'm afraid.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
So you are of the opinion that college football players that are guaranteed first round draft picks shouldn't be looking out for number 1 because it's bad for the NCAA?

Are you kidding me? The NCAA freaking invented looking out for number 1. EVERYTHING the NCAA does is about generating one more dollar for their "nonprofit" organization. And you expect me to feel bad that the NCAA is getting shafted because the players dare be selfish by looking out for number 1? Like I said, it sucks for the school and its fans, but don't pretend the NCAA is some kind of victim in this.

Agreed. If I was a sure thing top 5 pick and not playing in the CFP I'd sit out bowl game and not lose a wink of sleep about it.

EYEoftheSTORM

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2009
Ames, Iowa
Oh great, Ted Thompson passes on Dalvin Cook, and then the Vikes trade up and get him. That move will come back to haunt my Packers I'm afraid.
Ted Thompson drives me nuts. Without Rodgers the Packers are nothing better than the Lions or Vikings. He insists on drafting players with zero hype surrounding them and the players they did draft that had some hype are/were their superstars (Rodgers, Lacy, Matthews, Cobb). They should look at the Patriots model of success by bringing highly talented, attitude risks into a rock solid team first organization. Oh well at least Ted is addressing the glaring need of talented CB's.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Really loving the draft for the Vikings. Moved up to get a first round talent in Cook and followed it up by moving to get a solid o-lineman in Elflein

Hoping the Vikes take the DT out of Clemson with their first 4th round pick. A DB or OT with the second pick?
Will be curious if they take a QB with the third pick in the 4th or later in the sixth.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
I said this last year too, but this conference has really suffered in the last few years with elite talent.

I think Temple has two draft picks and the B12 had only 3.

Our conference is in trouble.

Not a great year for the Big 12...
That'll change soon though especially with Herman at UT as he has already greatly improved their recruiting. Getting Texas and OU in the top 10 consistently and the league rep will be much improved. ISU and KU are recruiting better too need to start pulling their weight. Only a matter of time before Campbell get's his guys into the league and improves the look at the league. Next year Lazard will be drafted hoping we can see a couple other names too.