Backpacking fun

cycopath25

Sep 8, 2006
(307)
Alright, I finally have enough energy to write this . . . I spent last Weekend (Friday AM-Sunday afternoon) hiking/backpacking here in Wyoming. Me and 5 of my good guy friends hiked in the Big Horn Mountains. It was harder than I first thought, carrying 40-50 lb packs on your back makes things more grueling. We figured we hiked 23 miles in 3 days. Made it up to 12,000 ft. to a place called Bomber Mountain. It is a mountian where a plane being deployed to WWII crashed and wasn't found until 2 years later. I thought I would post some info about Bomber Mountain, since I found the whole place facinating. (see link below)

Bomber Mountain: A Mystery in Wyoming’s Bighorn Mountains | Ultimate Wyoming History

Needless to say I slept like a baby last night, and had to take a nap today. :biggrin:

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
Very cool.

My wife and I leave for CO tomorrow to backpack near aspen. We also have rafting booked for a day. Somewhere in there, I hope to drink some beer as well.

alaskaguy

Apr 11, 2006
I rode 110 miles two Saturday's ago on my mountain bike over three major passes (the tour de Steamboat). I'm not trying to brag but I live for the biking, hiking, and kayaking stuff.

And I was curious so I looked at a map. It appears that I'm approxiamately 300 miles away from where cycopath25 roams.

timdcy

Nov 27, 2006
The Gore Range
I have a friend that hiked cycopath's trek starting Sat.

Which trek would that be? We're talking about my back yard here :wink: I'm taking a four day solo trip in the San Juan's this weekend. It will be my first trip down there, and from what I've heard the place is filled with some pretty rugged hills. I can't wait.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron