Yeti Coolers Opinions

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Does anybody have any experience with these or any of the other "premium" coolers? I've been thinking about pulling the trigger on one for the last two years but the price, combined with not being bowled over when I look at them in a store has kept me from making the jump. I guess what I'm asking is what justifies the $400- $600 price compared to an Igloo, etc? It would mostly be used for extended , 3-7 day fishing trips, some car camping trips to remote locations, stuff like that.

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
Expensive as you know. Can buy a crap load of ice and get a nice 5-7 day cooler. Did take a knock of brand to Canada and it did keep stuff cold and even frozen for several days. Depends on how much u think u would really use it.

Reactions: Acylum

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
RTIC coolers. 1/2 the price of a Yeti. Maybe even less. Have the 20 can soft cooler. $100. For a soft side it keeps ice for a long time.

I have Yeti and knock off items and the Yeti stuff is better but for most things, the knock off stuff is fine. The only place the Yeti stuff is worth it, for me, is one the golf course or on the river on hot days.

• Informative

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
There are several other brands of roto-molded coolers that are usually cheaper and made in America. There is even a brand made in Iowa, it doesn't get any more American than that.

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
I got a $300 gift certificate to cabelas from work so i bought one. Haven't used it yet but plan on breaking it out soon for camping season. I would have never bought one if it wasn't basically free. $350-$300 gift card

SWCy13

Nov 14, 2011
Grizzly Coolers are going to be identical quality and are made in Decorah, IA. Lifetime warranty and a little better price point than Yeti. plus, they have a fully licensing product lineup coming with ISU that should be rolling out here in the next few weeks along with some sponsorship type deals with the university.

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
Grizzly Coolers are going to be identical quality and are made in Decorah, IA. Lifetime warranty and a little better price point than Yeti. plus, they have a fully licensing product lineup coming with ISU that should be rolling out here in the next few weeks along with some sponsorship type deals with the university.

Pelican and Orca also have a lifetime warranty, but don't have the ISU licensing going for them. All are good coolers, including Yeti.

• Informative