Big Time Transfer Visiting Iowa; 4 Star Recruit Out of HS

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
What kind of self-respecting program (football or basketball) takes on transfers. It's just not the right way.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Is this sedrick johnsons brother? Or just the sameness level of talent? Or beau, what was his last name again?

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Seems like if they get him as a walk on and he can get healthy that is pretty good get.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Hawkeye fans only call black transfer players thugs. Since he's white, Hawk fans won't call him a thug (see Jared Uthoff).
I liked the game where Wisconsin was playing in IC and fans were holding up "Hey Wisconsin, Miss Uthoff yet?" signs. Yeah, like Wisconsin is regretting that transfer by having back to back Final Fours...

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Yeah I read that he would be a walk on if he comes to Iowa.

So is that a red flag that his recovery isn't going well? A walk on is a low-risk move for Iowa, so the move looks good on paper even if he never sees the field.

A couple scenarios that jump to my mind is that Iowa would re-evaluate him after next year and see if he earns a scholly, which would be a really hard thing to justify when putting together their HS recruiting class. Another scenario I could see is maybe the kid really does have a career ending injury in that he wouldn't see the field at a D1 program, so maybe work out and rehab at Iowa while learning from the coaching staff. Maybe he has a desire to get in to coaching - paying his own way to learn from some of the best OL coaches would be a pretty smart way to start off a coaching career. The little background that has been published about this kid makes it seem that the likelihood is low of him ever playing a meaningful snap.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
So is that a red flag that his recovery isn't going well? A walk on is a low-risk move for Iowa, so the move looks good on paper even if he never sees the field.

A couple scenarios that jump to my mind is that Iowa would re-evaluate him after next year and see if he earns a scholly, which would be a really hard thing to justify when putting together their HS recruiting class. Another scenario I could see is maybe the kid really does have a career ending injury in that he wouldn't see the field at a D1 program, so maybe work out and rehab at Iowa while learning from the coaching staff. Maybe he has a desire to get in to coaching - paying his own way to learn from some of the best OL coaches would be a pretty smart way to start off a coaching career. The little background that has been published about this kid makes it seem that the likelihood is low of him ever playing a meaningful snap.

Hence, the breathless thread title.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Sit 1, play 3 guy.

latest

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I liked the game where Wisconsin was playing in IC and fans were holding up "Hey Wisconsin, Miss Uthoff yet?" signs. Yeah, like Wisconsin is regretting that transfer by having back to back Final Fours...

I wonder if Wisconsin could have won the national title with Uthoff.