2017 St. Louis Cardinals Thread

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
It will be interesting to watch how this te develops. Does Fowler bring the chemistry and leader they need? Does he produce as a lead off hitter like he has in the past? How does Carpenter do batting third? Can the pitching hold up for the whole season?

There are those questions and many more surrounding this team. The upside is big but he downside is ugly.

Also, I used to be a huge fan of Kolten Wong but he seems to have turned into a whinebox. He keeps talking about how he deserves to start and he's going to be this elite player. How about you earn your at bats and be quiet about it?

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
I think this year will be a good one. Pitching should still be the question mark that decides how good we are.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I just don't see the Cards being that great this year, and I'm a Cards fan. I just don't think they will score that much, and the pitching is questionable. Hope I'm wrong.

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Nice to get that first losing streak out of the way. Appears the bullpen and offense are the weakness so far. Good news is we get Mr. Leadoff Walk himself, Rosenthal, back soon.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
The Cardinals offense is going to put this team into some "sticky" situations.

920x920.jpg

• Optimistic
Reactions: psychlone99

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
I just don't see the Cards being that great this year, and I'm a Cards fan. I just don't think they will score that much, and the pitching is questionable. Hope I'm wrong.
Give it a bit. I expect it to get better after the season gets going. Every game has seemed like a playoff game so far.

Pitching is going to be what controls how far we go but the hitting will get better.