New car thread!

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
I have owned, driven and LOVED my Range Rover Sport for 7 years. Yeah they are expensive to operate and maintain but it's a GREAT ride. Took it to the shop to diagnose an under body rattle and was presented with an estimate of around $5,000 to replace control arms and associated parts and for the 75,000 mile routine service.

Spur of the moment went out last weekend and bought a new 2017 Honda CR-V AWD Touring model. While I lost large parts of my masculinity by trading in my MAN'S car, this has all the bells and whistles, has a warranty, takes regular gas and gets WAY better gas mileage.

Anyone else driving a new rig?

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
2017 Honda Accord Sport - bright red. Love Hondas, just should have gotten the 6-speed manual trans. But then I couldn't have gotten the Sensing package with it.
Want to get a CR-V like yours for my mom.

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
We'll be retiring the minivan in July or August, once payments on my car a finished. We've got 3 kids plus a foster baby right now, plus a German Shepherd and we may get another foster kid in the next couple years. We were originally looking at passenger vans (Nissan NV2500, Ford Transit), but lately the wife has been leaning towards a Suburban/Yukon XL or Expedition EL. Those are actually a bit small than the passenger vans, which wouldn't fit in the majority of Seattle parking garages. We're looking at using the Costco Auto Purchase Program, which is basically no-haggle invoice pricing plus incentives.

Reactions: carvers4math

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I have owned, driven and LOVED my Range Rover Sport for 7 years. Yeah they are expensive to operate and maintain but it's a GREAT ride. Took it to the shop to diagnose an under body rattle and was presented with an estimate of around $5,000 to replace control arms and associated parts and for the 75,000 mile routine service.

Spur of the moment went out last weekend and bought a new 2017 Honda CR-V AWD Touring model. While I lost large parts of my masculinity by trading in my MAN'S car, this has all the bells and whistles, has a warranty, takes regular gas and gets WAY better gas mileage.

Anyone else driving a new rig?

$5000, woof! Reminds me of my 1999 A4 that ate control arms, used to piss me off. They got that design or part flaw fixed and drove my next A4 for ten years without touching the suspension.

You didn't mention color, color is the most important car thing, well, that and stereo speakers. ;) My cars are Monsoon Gray (A5) , Meridian Metallic (986) and Guards Red (924S).

BTW, shouldn't you be driving a Subaru Outback to fit in out there in Washington? o_O

Reactions: wxman1

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
$5000, woof! Reminds me of my 1999 A4 that ate control arms, used to piss me off. They got that design or part flaw fixed and drove my next A4 for ten years without touching the suspension.

You didn't mention color, color is the most important car thing, well, that and stereo speakers. ;) My cars are Monsoon Gray (A5) , Meridian Metallic (986) and Guards Red (924S).

BTW, shouldn't you be driving a Subaru Outback to fit in out there in Washington? o_O

He's on the wrong side of the mountains for that. Spokane is eastern WA.

kpzUS.png

cycart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2012
Johnston, IA
2017 Honda Accord Sport - bright red. Love Hondas, just should have gotten the 6-speed manual trans. But then I couldn't have gotten the Sensing package with it.
Want to get a CR-V like yours for my mom.
That's awesome, I've had my 2016 Accord Sport for almost a year and love driving it around. I too love Honda's and also had an Accord before I upgraded to the Sport.

Reactions: Tornado man and bos

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
I highly doubt we will buy new but later this year we will be buying a van. More than likely will get a Honda Odyssey.

I have a 2013 Accord EX-L and love it.

Reactions: bos

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
That's awesome, I've had my 2016 Accord Sport for almost a year and love driving it around. I too love Honda's and also had an Accord before I upgraded to the Sport.
I'll bet the number one comment you get is the same one I get - the great look of the 19" wheels/rims.

• Agree
Reactions: cycart

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Looking to move from my 06 Pilot to a 2014 Pilot. Have had a 90 accord, 00 Crv, 01 civic, and currently have a 09 CRV as well. We love our hondas. The odysseys are great but I made a bet with my mother in law 12 years ago ( and 3 kids light) I would never own a mini van and I can't give up now. Holding strong.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Looking to move from my 06 Pilot to a 2014 Pilot. Have had a 90 accord, 00 Crv, 01 civic, and currently have a 09 CRV as well. We love our hondas. The odysseys are great but I made a bet with my mother in law 12 years ago ( and 3 kids light) I would never own a mini van and I can't give up now. Holding strong.

'11 Pilot here, will get a newer one after this one's served its tour. Great ride.

We did get a 2016 RAV last summer as our 16-year-old officially took to the roads. She didn't get the RAV, that was for wifey. Daughter got the little Mazda. We call our driveway the Asian Triumvirate.

cyinne

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2009
O-town, Iowa
Wife and I have been looking for new vehicles for a while- 2 kids- I am kinda keen on the GMC Acadia and she likes the Honda Odssey or the Chrysler Pacifica. Obviously I am not wanting a minivan and am holding out hope that she will just give in and we can get the SUV.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
We'll be retiring the minivan in July or August, once payments on my car a finished. We've got 3 kids plus a foster baby right now, plus a German Shepherd and we may get another foster kid in the next couple years. We were originally looking at passenger vans (Nissan NV2500, Ford Transit), but lately the wife has been leaning towards a Suburban/Yukon XL or Expedition EL. Those are actually a bit small than the passenger vans, which wouldn't fit in the majority of Seattle parking garages. We're looking at using the Costco Auto Purchase Program, which is basically no-haggle invoice pricing plus incentives.

Sounds like you need a Cyclone tailgating bus.