My NFL mock draft (5 rounds)

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
My computer messed up so I lost rounds 6 and 7. So here is my 5 round mock draft. Yes, I realize I only have two QB's in round 1 and none in round two. I just don't see many of these QB's being successful in the NFL. Especially Mahomes. Sure he has a cannon, but you can't chuck up a hail mary every other play in the NFL.

http://zodiackiller.forumotion.com/t823-my-2017-nfl-mock-draft-5-rounds

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
QB is kind of a weak class this year, but teams ALWAYS get crazy once draft day arrives and end up reaching on guys. I think there will be at least three taken in the first round, very possibly four. Unless you know something I don't, Peppers at 17 to the Skins seems a bit high. I think his Michigan teammate Taco Charlton will go before him, and ultimately he's going to fall out of the first round just because nobody knows where he'll play at the NFL level. Best value pick is the Dolphins at #22 with Forrest Lamp. He's the best interior line prospect in the draft, and he meets a need for Miami. Similar to the Colts and Ryan Kelly last year, it's the perfect combination of best player available and team need at that point. Watson to the Chiefs seems like an odd marriage. Andy Reid likes his QB's to protect the ball and be on the conservative side. For as brilliant as he was at Clemson, Deshaun Watson was a turnover machine at the college level. So what happens when the passing windows get even smaller and the defenses get even more complex?

Last edited:

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
  • Agree
Reactions: cyhiphopp

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
QB is kind of a weak class this year, but teams ALWAYS get crazy once draft day arrives and end up reaching on guys. I think there will be at least three taken in the first round, very possibly four. Unless you know something I don't, Peppers at 17 to the Skins seems a bit high. I think his Michigan teammate Taco Charlton will go before him, and ultimately he's going to fall out of the first round just because nobody knows where he'll play at the NFL level. Best value pick is the Dolphins at #22 with Forrest Lamp. He's the best interior line prospect in the draft, and he meets a need for Miami. Similar to the Colts and Ryan Kelly last year, it's the perfect combination of best player available and team need at that point. Watson to the Chiefs seems like an odd marriage. Andy Reid likes his QB's to protect the ball and be on the conservative side. For as brilliant as he was at Clemson, Deshaun Watson was a turnover machine at the college level. So what happens when the passing windows get even smaller and the defenses get even more complex?
I originally had Watson going to Houston but I think they will take an O-Lineman instead. Watson to KC is a little weird but they need someone to groom for a year or maybe two.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I originally had Watson going to Houston but I think they will take an O-Lineman instead. Watson to KC is a little weird but they need someone to groom for a year or maybe two.

Could be. Reuben Foster is another guy who could slide a long way. Reports are coming out today that he failed his drug test at the combine. It's another red flag, and they're starting to pile up on him now. If he gets past the Colts at 15 or the Ravens at 16 he could be waiting a while.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
Could be. Reuben Foster is another guy who could slide a long way. Reports are coming out today that he failed his drug test at the combine. It's another red flag, and they're starting to pile up on him now. If he gets past the Colts at 15 or the Ravens at 16 he could be waiting a while.
Crap, I have him going 12th or 13th I think.

Reactions: jbindm

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Crap, I have him going 12th or 13th I think.

Ah, who knows? He's the best inside linebacker in the class. Some team might ignore all the noise and take the talented guy. But he didn't do himself any favors at the combine. I've seen him go to the Colts at 15 in several mocks. He'd definitely fill a huge need for them, so if they decide to look past the shoulder issues, failed drug test and getting sent home from the combine then I don't figure he'll get past them.

• Agree
Reactions: demoncore1031

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron