Making money from home...

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Anybody do any side work from home, preferrably something online, that you made a few bucks on? I'm not looking for get rich quick stuff but something we could do at home to make a few bucks.

I've always been curious if there's anything worth a damn out there. Hard work doesn't bother me.

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan
I know a guy who rebuilds fuel pumps for gas stations at home. I doubt he has more than $5000 in the business.

If you have a few bucks, the room, and a little mechanical skill (you'd be surprised at how little you really need) you can buy wrecked cars, fix them up and sell them.

I know people who do on-line customer service from home. I also know several collectors, but you need to have the stomach for the business.

I have a pretty extensive shop and an A&P mechanics' license, so I find basketcase aircraft from time to time, clean them up and then sell them.

If you can write, there are opportunities to build resumes and edit term papers and some kinds of commercial writing on-line.

My wife once worked as a personal shopper for 2 years, which was a really cool job that she loved.

I would think that you're only limited by your imagination, here.

clones26

Nov 8, 2006
Urbandale
You could set up a camera (video or picture) in the bedroom and .....make your own reality show. C'mon heads out of the gutter.

cloneu

Jul 26, 2007
Urbandale
www.golfdsm.com
You could start a drop shipping business. Not a lot of work involved once you get a website up and running and find a way to get some good exposure.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Right after college I was making some decent money on Ebay. I would go to garage sales and goodwills for about 4 hours on Saturday then put everything on ebay, mostly retro t-shirts and stuff that would be easy to ship. I was making about $300/week on about 5 hours work.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
Right after college I was making some decent money on Ebay. I would go to garage sales and goodwills for about 4 hours on Saturday then put everything on ebay, mostly retro t-shirts and stuff that would be easy to ship. I was making about $300/week on about 5 hours work.

I remember the good old days of Ebay. I still think you can make money there, but it is a lot harder. I think more people are doing this now.

TykeClone

Burgermeister!
Oct 18, 2006
I do after hours computer work - mostly fixing virus infections and other stuff like that (although I've got a couple of small networks I manage too). I am as busy doing that as I want to be. Some weeks I easily put in 30 or more hours doing with it, others not so much.

The other thing this does is it lets me write off computer equipment, mileage, part of my cell phone and internet connection and other expenses. I'm also able to pay the kids a bit to "help" - and that has been going to a Roth IRA for each of them (not much, maybe $50/month, but it should be nice when they get out on their own).

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Anybody do any side work from home, preferrably something online, that you made a few bucks on? I'm not looking for get rich quick stuff but something we could do at home to make a few bucks.

I've always been curious if there's anything worth a damn out there. Hard work doesn't bother me.

I make some decent supplemental income at times gambling from home. Great way to make a few bucks, also great way to lose a few bucks if you don't know what your doing.