RECRUITING UPDATE: Shakur Juiston, Race Thompson

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
Oh FFS

This is a joke post, right?

No. Who is so great next year? 7 ppg Donovan Jackson? Oh boy, KU is terrified.

This next season is very likely to be similar to 2008. A great freshman on a team whose strength will be defense. That's not a recipe for winning much. As of this moment, I'll be shocked if ISU makes the NIT in 2017-18. That's why the next few weeks are so important

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
Without a significant add this spring, next year will be a Greg McDermott loser type season and it will be really hard for Prohm to pull out of that tailspin.

The next two weeks determine the Steve Prohm era

Holy ******* hell, do you realize how bad those McDermott teams were?

Prohm will NEVER let it get that bad and you should feel ashamed for suggesting it.

Reactions: Gordilly

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
Holy ******* hell, do you realize how bad those McDermott teams were?

Prohm will NEVER let it get that bad and you should feel ashamed for suggesting it.

I was in school through those GMac teams so I know how bad they were, do you realize how much Prohm losses?

If you offered me 17 wins right now, I'd take it. It's much more likely ISU will be around 13 wins than 17.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
No. Who is so great next year? 7 ppg Donovan Jackson? Oh boy, KU is terrified.

This next season is very likely to be similar to 2008. A great freshman on a team whose strength will be defense. That's not a recipe for winning much. As of this moment, I'll be shocked if ISU makes the NIT in 2017-18. That's why the next few weeks are so important

images

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I was in school through those GMac teams so I know how bad they were, do you realize how much Prohm losses?

If you offered me 17 wins right now, I'd take it. It's much more likely ISU will be around 13 wins than 17.
um no.

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009

You may have overlooked one small detail. It is called coaching. CSP has already been to two NCAA tournaments and already won the Big 12 tournament. Mcdoormat was building a different kind of transfer U.

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa

What you want to happen and what will happen are two different things.

From the Purdue game, the most important game of the season, ISU returns 7.89% of it's scoring. For the rest of the season, ISU returns 20% of it's scoring. Even if Wiggington is the best Freshman in America next season, he'll still need to average around 20 ppg to just barely keep pace with the the 2017 squad. That isn't going to happen.

str8cashhomie

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 15, 2014

Jesus, buddy, step back from the ledge and go look at those teams. Our top 2 or 3 were Big 12 caliber, but we were the only school in the country that thought half those guys were D1 guys let alone P5 level.

And ok, Donovan scored 7 a game, that's purely usage. He finished the season on like a 60% from 3 tear, plus we're bringing in a top 20 recruiting class without any transfers.

It's easy to remember Brackins and Gillstrap and go "see they're no worse than we are now and look how bad they were" but the rest of those teams were cellar of MVC talent. It's different.

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009
What you want to happen and what will happen are two different things.

From the Purdue game, the most important game of the season, ISU returns 7.89% of it's scoring. For the rest of the season, ISU returns 20% of it's scoring. Even if Wiggington is the best Freshman in America next season, he'll still need to average around 20 ppg to just barely keep pace with the the 2017 squad. That isn't going to happen.

Patience! The team you are looking at now is not the full team for next year. The coaches know what needs to be done to get us to a better chance for winning. Wait until you can see the full picture before making a prediction as to what will happen next year. Much will happen between now and tournament time next year. It looks to be much fun. We will get to see some great basketball.

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
Jesus, buddy, step back from the ledge and go look at those teams. Our top 2 or 3 were Big 12 caliber, but we were the only school in the country that thought half those guys were D1 guys let alone P5 level.

And ok, Donovan scored 7 a game, that's purely usage. He finished the season on like a 60% from 3 tear, plus we're bringing in a top 20 recruiting class without any transfers.

It's easy to remember Brackins and Gillstrap and go "see they're no worse than we are now and look how bad they were" but the rest of those teams were cellar of MVC talent. It's different.

I'm not sure it is. First off Gillstrap wasn't on the 2008 team, he was only on the 2010 team, which was way different than the 2008 team. I will maintain that the 2010 had no business missing the tournament. Brackins, Garret, and Gillstrap were a solid group averaging over 50% of that teams scoring.

Even if ISU adds a Gillstrap type, which is highly unlikely at this point considering the guy closest to Gillstrap, Juiston, is more interested in Depaul than Iowa State, ISU will still will be short on scoring.

Anyway, I'm drunk and you all are unrealistically asswads homers. If ISU makes the tournament in 2017-18, I'll eat my own ****.

Bubbahotep

Jul 23, 2008
Des Moines
I'm not sure it is. First off Gillstrap wasn't on the 2008 team, he was only on the 2010 team, which was way different than the 2008 team. I will maintain that the 2010 had no business missing the tournament. Brackins, Garret, and Gillstrap were a solid group averaging over 50% of that teams scoring.

Even if ISU adds a Gillstrap type, which is highly unlikely at this point considering the guy closest to Gillstrap, Juiston, is more interested in Depaul than Iowa State, ISU will still will be short on scoring.

Anyway, I'm drunk and you all are unrealistically asswads homers. If ISU makes the tournament in 2017-18, I'll eat my own ****.
I suggest you give up drinking for pot, you won't be so whiny, and when you do have to eat your own ****, you will probably be hungry.