On to Football Season

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Wadley is OK but Daniels was better and I think his abilities and size will be missed

IMO you can't really compare Wadley and Daniels because they are completely different RB's. If I'm an Iowa fan I would be a little concerned with Wadley's durability though. I would expect the new staff to motion him out into the slot quite a bit this year because when you can get the ball in his hands out in space is can be really dangerous. Daniels ability to pick up that tough yard or two will definitely be missed but I assume Iowa probably has a guy on the depth chart that can fill that roll.

Hawkmi1987

Jun 27, 2016
Newton, Ia
Easley could be a 500 yard guy this year I think.
My parents live across the street from his. Apparently he was originally slated to walk on in Ames. Love his film, great hands and runs good routes. Not going to overwhelm anyone with his size, but the kid just seems to get open.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
My parents live across the street from his. Apparently he was originally slated to walk on in Ames. Love his film, great hands and runs good routes. Not going to overwhelm anyone with his size, but the kid just seems to get open.

Iowa State really wanted him and he was definitely interested. He figured out that he was going to be buried in the depth chart and saw a big opportunity to see the filed right away at Iowa due to the lack of depth. He's sneaky good.

• Agree
Reactions: TheJackWePack5

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
I believe he was even committed to ISU for a few days then switched to Iowa. Won't scare anyone with his size like you said and isn't blazing fast, but finds a way to get open which is the most important thing. Just a play maker. Reminds me of Justin Coleman that ISU had 3-4 years ago.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
No, ISU played good teams. They lost to a lot of them. Even when they played well.

I'll repeat: Iowa didn't play bad against Stanford. They played Stanford.

They likely didn't play very well in closer games vs. teams that weren't very good, which is what happens over the course of a football season, which is why upsets happen, etc. They pulled out the wins and that's all that matters.

However, Iowa could have played out of their minds vs. Stanford and you're still looking at a complete beatdown. Again, that's the difference. I don't know why that's hard for you to understand.

You're comparing teams with records like 11-2 and 10-3 vs. the teams I referred to like Minnesota and Indiana that were .500.

FWIW I didn't think OSU was that good that year which is why ISU was able to hang around. Texas had Texas talent but were completely dysfunctional so no one ever knew who was going to show up. OU: Stoops always has at least one weird game where he gets punked...Texas was that game. I'd consider watching more football to know these things, before insulting someone over the internet.

Hawkdom at its finest once again. Never fails.

Just dumb. Iowa would have destroyed the Stanford team that showed up at Northwestern and got beat by the Wildcats. The Hawks blew Northwestern out that year, and rhen played their worst game of the year vs Stanford. You are simply a Hawk hater and have no football knowledge.

Reactions: breck53

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Just dumb. Iowa would have destroyed the Stanford team that showed up at Northwestern and got beat by the Wildcats. The Hawks blew Northwestern out that year, and rhen played their worst game of the year vs Stanford. You are simply a Hawk hater and have no football knowledge.
I feel like you're that person who always has to have the last word.

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins

Hawkmi1987

Jun 27, 2016
Newton, Ia
I believe he was even committed to ISU for a few days then switched to Iowa. Won't scare anyone with his size like you said and isn't blazing fast, but finds a way to get open which is the most important thing. Just a play maker. Reminds me of Justin Coleman that ISU had 3-4 years ago.
Yes he was committed to ISU. His brother is/was a kicker at UNI I believe. Both of his parents went to Iowa. The Coleman comparison is a good one. Very similar players. I would be surprised if Nick isn't on scholarship by the fall.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Yes he was committed to ISU. His brother is/was a kicker at UNI I believe. Both of his parents went to Iowa. The Coleman comparison is a good one. Very similar players. I would be surprised if Nick isn't on scholarship by the fall.
Especially depending on what happens with the receiver who is not with the team currently (name escapes me).

He will be a solid player.