On to Football Season

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Wadley is OK but Daniels was better and I think his abilities and size will be missed

@TheJackWePack5 this is where it all goes south.

He will say Daniels is better than Wadley because Daniels was the starter last year.

And then @HawkeyeMashup will argue with him saying Wadley is more talented and each will repeat their talking points over and over and over and over.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
@TheJackWePack5 this is where it all goes south.

He will say Daniels is better than Wadley because Daniels was the starter last year.

And then @HawkeyeMashup will argue with him saying Wadley is more talented and each will repeat their talking points over and over and over and over.

I say the starter is better than the backup and I'm trolling? Lol you guys are sensitive

• Dislike
Reactions: YeahBuddy

ICHawk24

Sep 8, 2010
Iowa has three walkon WR from IWCC: Easley, Nash, and another guy. We need one of them or a true freshman to become a contributor.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Iowa has three walkon WR from IWCC: Easley, Nash, and another guy. We need one of them or a true freshman to become a contributor.

I'd be more concerned about scheme and who's throwing them the ball. WR can only do so much

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
What a bunch of crap. Iowa beat a 10 win Wisconsin team and Northwestern team (that beat Stanford). They lost by a whisker to MSU who was a playoff team.

They laid a big fat egg in the bowl game, but to say they were "exposed" that season is stupid. I've seen OU get rolled in Bowl games, it happens.

Iowa wasn't a top 4 team for sure, but they were a top 10 team, something ISU has never been nor ever will be.

OU has definitely gotten rolled in bowl games, but their regular season success was not questionable. Iowa's was because they played nobody. Exposed is the right word.

ICHawk24

Sep 8, 2010
OU has definitely gotten rolled in bowl games, but their regular season success was not questionable. Iowa's was because they played nobody. Exposed is the right word.

During Iowa's 12-0 regular season, they beat #21 NW on the road (the team that beat Stanford in the same stadium), and #25 Wisky on the road. They lost to #5 MSU by 3 points in the title game.

* Using Massey Compilation rankings

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I love how ISU fans pick Iowa's worst game each year and say that is what Iowa is. When OSU won the national title, they also lost to Va Tech. Bad games happen, did ISU stink at BB this year because they lost to NIT teams in Iowa and TCU?

In Iowa's 12 win season they played 4 teams with 10+ wins, they played 7 bowl teams that year as well.

If I were to mock ISU's getting to an elite 8, while Iowa won 8 basketball games, what would you say/think? Because that is exactly how dumb you sound when you try to downplayed Iowa's 12 win season.

Except that wasn't Iowa's worst game. They simply played Stanford who had gotten THEIR bad game out of the way early in the season when no one was paying attention, and then picked the score on the big stage. 10/10 times Stanford wins by as much as they feel like unless they don't play their starters.

I had Iowa fan friends that really had no idea that teams like Stanford existed because they were so used to watching the Big Ten 'beat up on each other', as the local media suggested. It was reminiscent of 2002 when I had Hawkdom telling me how Carson Palmer was going to have a rough night. Just no clue.

ISU DID get mocked by Iowa fans around here for getting to the Sweet Sixteen last season after playing low seeds. ISU also got mocked for having thugs and being called 'TransferU' in years when Iowa wasn't very good, including the local media making winning NIT games a bigger deal than getting to the real 2nd round of the NCAA. This was while Iowa had players that were purposely, repeatedly malicious in their actions literally beginning at tip-off.

And that's the difference--ISU doesn't beat VA in that Sweet Sixteen game unless VA just plays really really bad...it had little to do with how ISU played. I can actually accept that. This year's game vs. Purdue was a bit different as ISU wasn't great early while Purdue was, but ISU still put themselves in a spot to win before Purdue made the plays to win late.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
Except that wasn't Iowa's worst game. They simply played Stanford who had gotten THEIR bad game out of the way early in the season when no one was paying attention, and then picked the score on the big stage. 10/10 times Stanford wins by as much as they feel like unless they don't play their starters.

I had Iowa fan friends that really had no idea that teams like Stanford existed because they were so used to watching the Big Ten 'beat up on each other', as the local media suggested. It was reminiscent of 2002 when I had Hawkdom telling me how Carson Palmer was going to have a rough night. Just no clue.

ISU DID get mocked by Iowa fans around here for getting to the Sweet Sixteen last season after playing low seeds. ISU also got mocked for having thugs and being called 'TransferU' in years when Iowa wasn't very good, including the local media making winning NIT games a bigger deal than getting to the real 2nd round of the NCAA. This was while Iowa had players that were purposely, repeatedly malicious in their actions literally beginning at tip-off.

And that's the difference--ISU doesn't beat VA in that Sweet Sixteen game unless VA just plays really really bad...it had little to do with how ISU played. I can actually accept that. This year's game vs. Purdue was a bit different as ISU wasn't great early while Purdue was, but ISU still put themselves in a spot to win before Purdue made the plays to win late.

Do you watch any sports at all? Every year, in every sport 99% of teams get "exposed" at some point during the year, even the best of the best. OSU got exposed by Va Texh the very year they won the NC. Clemson got exposed this year by Pitt. Neither team should have ever lost to those teams. Iowa exposed Michigan this year. Iowa exposed ISU in basketball this year. Iowa got exposed by Stanford in 2015. And the beat goes one, teams lose, teams play poorly, it happenes all the time to nearly all teams.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016

This is great...so much whining in this paragraph.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Do you watch any sports at all? Every year, in every sport 99% of teams get "exposed" at some point during the year, even the best of the best. OSU got exposed by Va Texh the very year they won the NC. Clemson got exposed this year by Pitt. Neither team should have ever lost to those teams. Iowa exposed Michigan this year. Iowa exposed ISU in basketball this year. Iowa got exposed by Stanford in 2015. And the beat goes one, teams lose, teams play poorly, it happenes all the time to nearly all teams.

You're exactly right except for thinking Iowa played poorly and that's why the Rose Bowl went the way it did.

I'll repeat: That's the difference.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Really? What was their worst game in 2015? One of their 12 wins, or a 3 point loss to MSU?

I saw their game vs. Wisconsin that year...total slapfest for both teams but probably just good old fashioned football in Hawkdom.

Just checked the schedule and I'd say scraping by bad teams like ISU, Minnesota, and Indiana would take a worse game than stepping out into the lime light and getting housed by a Stanford team that had to do next to nothing for a half to be up 35-0.

I suppose MSU also played their worst game of the year when 'Bama went on cruise control after halftime of their game, and that justifies how good Iowa was?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
The paragraph of yours that I quoted did not mention The Rose Bowl.

But my response was to someone comparing two concepts...Iowa got mocked (not just by ISU fans) for playing a poor schedule and playing someone who was much better than them any day, while ISU got mocked for playing 2 low seeds to get to a Sweet 16 and meeting someone who was much better than them any day.

Iowa fans called ISU 'TransferU' and ISU's players thugs (I remember seeing it on social media, perhaps not on here). The Gazette literally ranked Iowa's NIT run in 2013 higher than ISU getting to the real NCAA 2nd round. It's not whining. It's atrocious.

• Funny

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
You're exactly right except for thinking Iowa played poorly and that's why the Rose Bowl went the way it did.

I'll repeat: That's the difference.

You don't know much about football. I mean I get it, you don't get to watch good football so you understand so little about it.

By your logic, ISU didn't play any good teams in 2015 in the Big12 because 10-3 Baylor got beat by a bad Texas team, so they sucked. 11-2 TCU sucked that year because they got exposed by Okie St who beat them
By 20. 10-3 Oklahoma St sucked as well because they lost their last 3 games by 10, 35 and 28. I mean even 11-2 Oklahoma sucked according to you because they got drilled in their playoff game by 20 vs Clemson. I mean if MSU sucked because Bama smoked them, then so did OU.

I mean if you just take the one bad game, every team sucks according to your dumb ass logic.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
You don't know much about football. I mean I get it, you don't get to watch good football so you understand so little about it.

By your logic, ISU didn't play any good teams in 2015 in the Big12 because 10-3 Baylor got beat by a bad Texas team, so they sucked. 11-2 TCU sucked that year because they got exposed by Okie St who beat them
By 20. 10-3 Oklahoma St sucked as well because they lost their last 3 games by 10, 35 and 28. I mean even 11-2 Oklahoma sucked according to you because they got drilled in their playoff game by 20 vs Clemson. I mean if MSU sucked because Bama smoked them, then so did OU.

I mean if you just take the one bad game, every team sucks according to your dumb ass logic.
Actually, given that you guys love to parrot that the Big 12 sucks, this logic follows perfectly soundly according to you.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

No, ISU played good teams. They lost to a lot of them. Even when they played well.

I'll repeat: Iowa didn't play bad against Stanford. They played Stanford.

They likely didn't play very well in closer games vs. teams that weren't very good, which is what happens over the course of a football season, which is why upsets happen, etc. They pulled out the wins and that's all that matters.

However, Iowa could have played out of their minds vs. Stanford and you're still looking at a complete beatdown. Again, that's the difference. I don't know why that's hard for you to understand.

You're comparing teams with records like 11-2 and 10-3 vs. the teams I referred to like Minnesota and Indiana that were .500.

FWIW I didn't think OSU was that good that year which is why ISU was able to hang around. Texas had Texas talent but were completely dysfunctional so no one ever knew who was going to show up. OU: Stoops always has at least one weird game where he gets punked...Texas was that game. I'd consider watching more football to know these things, before insulting someone over the internet.

Hawkdom at its finest once again. Never fails.

• Funny