One and Not Done

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I can't stand his demeanor, but I have to give him credit for working the system. He exposes the ridiculousness of the ncaa "student athlete" mantra,and is absolutely unashamed of it. I respect that, even if I think he's a POS

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I can't stand his demeanor, but I have to give him credit for working the system. He exposes the ridiculousness of the ncaa "student athlete" mantra,and is absolutely unashamed of it. I respect that, even if I think he's a POS

I don't necessarily disagree with you here but is he really a POS? I could be very wrong here but do his kids get in legal trouble? I don't really recall any of it. To me, Stoops slapping Mixon on the wrist was worse than the things Cal has done and I'm someone who says Mixon should have been able to continue to play football but he should have gone through the process of being ungracefully booted off that team. The system is the system and Cal uses it. Yes, he left schools with sanctions but he's not doing anything a lot of other places aren't doing, he just does them better and he knows how to get teams to play well with very little familiarity. That doesn't make it right.

• Agree
Reactions: Dopey

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Who is dirtier, the NCAA or Calipari?

Tough to tell.

20080901100cerdos.jpg

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I don't necessarily disagree with you here but is he really a POS? I could be very wrong here but do his kids get in legal trouble? I don't really recall any of it. To me, Stoops slapping Mixon on the wrist was worse than the things Cal has done and I'm someone who says Mixon should have been able to continue to play football but he should have gone through the process of being ungracefully booted off that team. The system is the system and Cal uses it. Yes, he left schools with sanctions but he's not doing anything a lot of other places aren't doing, he just does them better and he knows how to get teams to play well with very little familiarity. That doesn't make it right.
No, my calling him a POS is entirely based on my dislike of him on a personal level. His demeanor as it were. I'm not commenting on any ncaa rules he may or may not have violated

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
No, my calling him a POS is entirely based on my dislike of him on a personal level. His demeanor as it were. I'm not commenting on any ncaa rules he may or may not have violated

Oh. I kind of like that he isn't real filtered.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
I thought the Boston writer's question was interesting- would have the NCAA wiped out Memphis' record if they beat Kansas in the title game?
Most doubt it, which shows what a sham the NCAA is, especially with what has gone on at NC.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Just watched this. Really good stuff. I can respect that he doesn't hide or apologize for how he does thing. I thought the quote, "Id this about education, or is this about jobs?" was absolutely awesome and was incredibly applicable to more than just college basketball. If you think about it that way and you think about a 1st year brilliant engineering student, would you expect him to turn down millionaires of dollars to complete a degree he clearly doesn't need? No, you wouldn't.

I don't know that I'm a fan of Cal, but I can appreciate how he's done things and I don't think he's cheated any more than other guys. At least he didn't own a brothel.

CycloneRulzzz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Just watched this. Really good stuff. I can respect that he doesn't hide or apologize for how he does thing. I thought the quote, "Id this about education, or is this about jobs?" was absolutely awesome and was incredibly applicable to more than just college basketball. If you think about it that way and you think about a 1st year brilliant engineering student, would you expect him to turn down millionaires of dollars to complete a degree he clearly doesn't need? No, you wouldn't.

I don't know that I'm a fan of Cal, but I can appreciate how he's done things and I don't think he's cheated any more than other guys. At least he didn't own a brothel.

Just watched a re-airing of this tonight. What you said is exactly how I feel about Cal after watching this.

Reactions: DaHiltonHaus1

CycloneRulzzz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Also watching that reminded me of the sick talent he has gotten to coach. Picture this starting 5 of Cal players

Rose and Wall backcourt KAT, Boogie Cousins, Anthony Davis frontcourt

DaHiltonHaus1

Apr 28, 2017
These Cal haters are borderline idiots. If you don't want him as Iowa State's coach, you are out of your damn mind. Top 5 coach. Every coach is sketchy in some way and Cal isn't even as bad a lot of coaches.