On to Football Season

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
I've never seen Campbell put Iowa gear on anything. Nice try but this is Iowa's Super Bowl not ours

ISU's Super Bowl is way bigger than a new coach. It started way before Campbell and will carry on long after he bolts or gets fired.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
This is why these threads are horrid. Instead of interesting or factual information, it just immediately turns into a troll fight.

Like other than 1 or 2 Iowa players I couldn't even tell you who will be good this year. And that's not because they won't be good, but because there has literally been no legitimate football talk.

Yawn.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I love how ISU fans pick Iowa's worst game each year and say that is what Iowa is. When OSU won the national title, they also lost to Va Tech. Bad games happen, did ISU stink at BB this year because they lost to NIT teams in Iowa and TCU?

In Iowa's 12 win season they played 4 teams with 10+ wins, they played 7 bowl teams that year as well.

If I were to mock ISU's getting to an elite 8, while Iowa won 8 basketball games, what would you say/think? Because that is exactly how dumb you sound when you try to downplayed Iowa's 12 win season.

That's not picking one bad game, it's reality. That 12-0 was about like CMU going 12-0 last year. They played Wisconsin tight too. Still a really good season, but nationally they were a fraud. Just like Nebraska was a fraud last year. Standford just exposed iowa.

• Funny
Reactions: ICHawk24

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
This is why these threads are horrid. Instead of interesting or factual information, it just immediately turns into a troll fight.

Like other than 1 or 2 Iowa players I couldn't even tell you who will be good this year. And that's not because they won't be good, but because there has literally been no legitimate football talk.

Yawn.

Iowa loses their starting QB, starting RB and their WR will be terrible. I'm guessing their secondary will be pretty bad as well. That's about all I know

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
That's not picking one bad game, it's reality. That 12-0 was about like CMU going 12-0 last year. They played Wisconsin tight too. Still a really good season, but nationally they were a fraud. Just like Nebraska was a fraud last year. Standford just exposed iowa.

What a bunch of crap. Iowa beat a 10 win Wisconsin team and Northwestern team (that beat Stanford). They lost by a whisker to MSU who was a playoff team.

They laid a big fat egg in the bowl game, but to say they were "exposed" that season is stupid. I've seen OU get rolled in Bowl games, it happens.

Iowa wasn't a top 4 team for sure, but they were a top 10 team, something ISU has never been nor ever will be.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
Contrary to that, they will have a good OL and LB corps.

If you ever want a legit breakdown let me know. There is so much trolling by ISU fans here I didn't think anyone was wanting legit football talk about Iowa.

QB - Unknown, but it can’t be worse than last year

RB - Looks very strong. Wadley should be a stud, and his backups will do well also.

OL - Looks to be a strength this year. Lots of upperclassmen, with lots of experience

TE - Should be a strength, with some athletic pass catchers, and some good inline blockers

WR - Weakness, but should be better than last year as Matt V is back

DL - Should be pretty solid. The DE’s will be able to get pressure on the QB, just need to find a DT to step up along with Lattimore, and Bazatta

LB - Should be a big strength, and they are building some depth behind them. They have several young guys they really like that are developing that will be behind the 3 Sr. LB

DB - Young but talented. Parker is great at developing DB’s, won’t be as good as last year, but won’t be a huge liability either.

Safety - This concerns me with Snyder going down. Taylor wasn’t good last year, and now we have him with another new starter. I’m concerned.

• Funny
Reactions: ICHawk24 and Rural

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016

Central Michigan did not go 12-0 last year. What are you even talking about?

• Agree
Reactions: ICHawk24

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
If you ever want a legit breakdown let me know. There is so much trolling by ISU fans here I didn't think anyone was wanting legit football talk about Iowa.

RB - Looks very strong. Wadley should be a stud, and his backups will do well also.

OL - Looks to be a strength this year. Lots of upperclassmen, with lots of experience

TE - Should be a strength, with some athletic pass catchers, and some good inline blockers

DL - Should be pretty solid. The DE’s will be able to get pressure on the QB, just need to find a DT to step up along with Lattimore, and Bazatta

LB - Should be a big strength, and they are building some depth behind them. They have several young guys they really like that are developing that will be behind the 3 Sr. LB

DB - Young but talented. Parker is great at developing DB’s, won’t be as good as last year, but won’t be a huge liability either.

Safety - This concerns me with Snyder going down. Taylor wasn’t good last year, and now we have him with another new starter. I’m concerned.

3ohzdIoLFUkVdxMxKE.gif

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.

See, that's not so hard!

It'll be interesting to see how the new QB looks. For Iowa's sake hopefully MVB is healthy. Would help the inexperienced QB a lot to have a security blanket.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Central Michigan did not go 12-0 last year. What are you even talking about?

Sorry, Western Michigan. Just goes to show how impactful that season really was. Similar to Iowa's.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa

Can't be worse than your NFL Draft pick-projected QB? That's optimistic.

Hawkmi1987

Jun 27, 2016
Newton, Ia
See, that's not so hard!

It'll be interesting to see how the new QB looks. For Iowa's sake hopefully MVB is healthy. Would help the inexperienced QB a lot to have a security blanket.
Agreed, will need a true freshman to step in. I would imagine we will see some of Iowa's backs. especially Wadley, sometimes motion out to the slot.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Getting the ball in his hands as much as possible would help a lot, one would think.

Durability will be an issue with him although it sounds like he is up over 190 lbs right now.

Freshmen are going to have to produce at WR. No idea what Jerminic Smith's standing with the team is going to look like after spring practice is over but I am not confident he is part of the team next season.

On the bright side, the walk on WR from IWCC has really made an impression on the staff.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Durability will be an issue with him although it sounds like he is up over 190 lbs right now.

Freshmen are going to have to produce at WR. No idea what Jerminic Smith's standing with the team is going to look like after spring practice is over but I am not confident he is part of the team next season.

On the bright side, the walk on WR from IWCC has really made an impression on the staff.
Not surprising. Just seems like one of those kids who makes plays. Would have been nice to see him in an ISU uniform, though WR is crowded.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Wadley is OK but Daniels was better and I think his abilities and size will be missed

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron