Omaha sports radio on NU transfers

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
While listening to both Omaha sports stations, they keep wondering why transfer when they could play for s P5 school. There will be all kind of playing time at a major university. Don't they realize players want to win and play before rabid fans in a packed gym. Miles days are numbered and who would want to coach at that ####hole of a university.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
While listening to both Omaha sports stations, they keep wondering why transfer when they could play for s P5 school. There will be all kind of playing time at a major university. Don't they realize players want to win and play before rabid fans in a packed gym. Miles days are numbered and who would want to coach at that ####hole of a university.
Sounds like ISU fans when players leave the football program or the basketball program prior to CFH.

• Disagree
Reactions: FinalFourCy

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there

Uh, Nebraska has that,they get more people to home games than we do....they've averaged over 15k fans since the Pinnacle Bank Arena opened 4 years ago. When you consider how little success they've had, thats amazing. I can't stand them but their fans come out and support their team.

• Informative
Reactions: cygrads and isu81

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Uh, Nebraska has that,they get more people to home games than we do....they've averaged over 15k fans since the Pinnacle Bank Arena opened 4 years ago. When you consider how little success they've had, thats amazing. I can't stand them but their fans come out and support their team.

Do they still give students free season tickets to basketball with every football season ticket purchase?

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

Well sure their new arena is bigger than Hilton. Lincoln is at least double the size of Ames if not more. And besides NU sports what is there to do in the hell hole state? **** sheep?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
On the BTN a couple of months ago there was some sort of 'round table' of coaches featuring Gene Keady, Bo Ryan, someone else, and the Nebraska coach.

Them trying to act interested when he spoke...

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

To be fair Omaha/Nebby sports commentators watch Creighton games instead of NU BB. ;)

We really need the Pirate Jimad back.

• Agree
Reactions: GM4ISU

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
Their packed gym attendance included a new arena. Now you could swing a dead cat and not hit anybody. City of Lincoln built both the arena and baseball field. So muck for spending all that BIG Ten money.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Remember the Cubs a few years ago...sell outs every home game despite *rap on the field. Management had no reason to make the team better as revenue was rolling in. Same at Nebbie as they put 15k butts in seats despite *rap on the court. Change will happen if people stop renewing tickets...they may have BIG money, but they also have a BIG arena that they still need to pay for...and the state is going through spending cuts just like Iowa.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
If you look at the last few years, the talent level has generally been good. With the mediocre results and player transfers, you should start to see a pattern that leads you to conclude that something isn't quite working.

I was surprised Miles wasn't let go after this season. Although, since it's Nebraska and basketball, maybe I shouldn't have been.

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE
I honestly used to listen to 1620 daily when it was Kugler and Severe. Kugler is a real talent. Everyone they have now are awful.
Yeah, you are right about Kugler. I have a negative outlook since he did husker stuff, but when I hear him now doing whatever and he is very very good.

SC Cy

Jun 30, 2006
Omaha, NE
twitter.com
I haven't listened to Omaha sports radio in three years. Thank God for iHeart radio. I don't know if it's the format or the talent behind the mic but 1460 is light years better than anything here.

cyinne

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2009
O-town, Iowa
590 AM in Omaha is a pretty good listen to from 2:00-6:00. They have a show that does do quite a bit Huskers but also does other things that interest people that don't care much for the Huskers. Sometimes they talk Creighton, UNO, Iowa State, Iowa, alcohol, beer, they also have a segment or 2 each week they do with Sage Rosenfels. One of the hosts is from Des Moines and covered Iowa State while he was in Des Moines.

isu81

Mar 6, 2013