Cyclone merchandise at UBS

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

candg4ever

Oct 29, 2006
Nevada, IA
I just got back from the University Book Store and thought I'd let everyone know that they're selling a lot, if not all of their clothing with the old logos for 50-75% off, most of it is 75% off. I got a very nice, thick hoody, 2 hats, a woman's top, and a t-shirt for about $20! I just got a lot of my Christmas shopping done on Aug. 1!

:wink::wink::wink:

Palmer

Jun 10, 2008
Johnston, IA
no thanks.

I threw my 'whirley butt" clothing out the window long ago...

It is an excellent deal however.

Last edited:

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
I just got back from the University Book Store and thought I'd let everyone know that they're selling a lot, if not all of their clothing with the old logos for 50-75% off, most of it is 75% off. I got a very nice, thick hoody, 2 hats, a woman's top, and a t-shirt for about $20! I just got a lot of my Christmas shopping done on Aug. 1!

:wink::wink::wink:

never bought taz cy and unloaded everything given to me this spring.

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
Just so everyone knows, it's not just old logo stuff that's on sale. As I posted in another thread, there's lots of last year's designs that have nothing to do with the logos- plenty of "words-only" stuff, as well as some 'marching Cy' things, sport-specific clothing, etc. There's lots of car accessories, collectible knick-knacks, pet stuff, etc. So even if you don't like the old logo, there's still a lot for you to look at.

bmuff

Apr 7, 2006
never bought taz cy and unloaded everything given to me this spring.

It's funny, I went through all of my clothes and the only things with that logo on them were gifts. Guess I didn't realize that I did not like the spinning Cy logo. I do like the (now retro) walking Cy and I have some stuff with the new logo. I also didn't have many things that were the bright red...mostly cardinal and gold stuff.

cmoneyr

Nov 8, 2006
Ames, Born and Raised
The logo from last generation is old hat now, luckily the logo from 2 generations ago is now retro and therefore acceptable. My wife went to Intensitee in campus town last weekend for my b-day, got me a hoody and a t-shirt with the new logo for about $25. T-Galaxy tried to gouge her for about $50 for the same two pieces.

isugcs

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 21, 2007
Waverly
I place a premium on Whirly Bird logo stuff. I like the new stuff as well. This sounds like a great deal, too bad I'm not going to spend money on that for now.

83Clone

Apr 27, 2006
Ankeny, IA
The wife and I just got back from Ames, one of our priorities being to buy new Cyclone gear.

First we stopped at T Galaxy and were a bit disappointed in their selection-I wanted to a golf shirt in dry wick material and they had none.

So off to UBS, (our first visit since their major remodel-WOW!), and found several to choose from. Lots of quality Nike gear, and we took advantage of both the alumni association discount as well as the tax free weekend.

That was after we drove by the stadium to get a look, and we were surprised to find out that media day is open to the public. We actually were invited on to the field (well actually they were inviting some players families, but no one said "but not you people", so went ahead and snapped some photos with my cell phone-unfortunately we didn't have a camera on us.

All in all, a very pleasant day. Throw in a trip to Hickory Park-what more could I want?

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
First we stopped at T Galaxy and were a bit disappointed in their selection-I wanted to a golf shirt in dry wick material and they had none.

I hit T Galaxy this afternoon, too - their selection seemed a bit slim compared to in the past. However, they had men's Nike football jerseys for $14.99, so I got my husband one. They also had basketball jerseys for about the same price.

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
I hit T Galaxy this afternoon, too - their selection seemed a bit slim compared to in the past. However, they had men's Nike football jerseys for $14.99, so I got my husband one. They also had basketball jerseys for about the same price.
Were those this year's jerseys? I rarely go to TGalaxy because their stuff is usually way overpriced, but if they have current jerseys for that cheap, I'll make sure to swing by.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Were those this year's jerseys? I rarely go to TGalaxy because their stuff is usually way overpriced, but if they have current jerseys for that cheap, I'll make sure to swing by.

Nope, it was last year's. :sad: I was disappointed - I didn't see any of this year's, although I might not have been looking in the right areas?? I got a Meyer jersey for him - they had sizes ranging up to XXL.

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006
Nope, it was last year's. :sad: I was disappointed - I didn't see any of this year's, although I might not have been looking in the right areas?? I got a Meyer jersey for him - they had sizes ranging up to XXL.

Were they the red jerseys from last year or the throwback game jerseys?

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Were they the red jerseys from last year or the throwback game jerseys?

Nothing special - just the regular red jerseys. I can probably upload a pic if you guys wanted to see it. Originally $55 or so for $15, also. They also had some of the jersey-ish material by Nike, but no numbers on them.

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
If you're bored enough to upload pics, that'd be awesome. It's no excuse for my laziness, since I live two blocks from there, but it'd save me four whole blocks of walking!:rolleyes5cz:

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
If you're bored enough to upload pics, that'd be awesome. It's no excuse for my laziness, since I live two blocks from there, but it'd save me four whole blocks of walking!:rolleyes5cz:

No problem at all - I'm bored enough. :wink: This is from my phone, so the quality is a little crappy:

jersey.jpg

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
Hmm, that's worth $15, I think. Thanks!

And dang- crappy? Your phone takes pictures about as well as my camera does... I must need a new phone and a new camera!

Reactions: Angie

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Hmm, that's worth $15, I think. Thanks!

And dang- crappy? Your phone takes pictures about as well as my camera does... I must need a new phone and a new camera!

Hopefully it's worth the walk! They're all the way in the back of the store - off to the left behind the counter. The basketball jerseys are on the same rack.

Ha - well, thank you (and that might not be a good sign!). :) Not bad for 2 megapixels - I thought it was going to look a lot worse!!