Airlines to start charging for more items

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
A friend of mine says she was charged for all luggage except carry-ons. (I told her to layer up with about 4 sets of clothes to avoid the suitcase:wink:)

I would actually prefer they charge people for larger carry-ons. Those are so annoying.

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006
I would actually prefer they charge people for larger carry-ons. Those are so annoying.

The airlines are to blame for that. Charging $25 per bag to check, people are going to start bringing more than one carry on and it's going to be as big as they can possibly get it.

scottie33

Nov 25, 2006
Ames, Iowa
A friend of mine says she was charged for all luggage except carry-ons. (I told her to layer up with about 4 sets of clothes to avoid the suitcase:wink:)

Then she'll get charged for grabbing a drink of water cause she'll be so damn hot.

This reminds me of that commercial where everything that guy does on the flight he has to pay a quarter for. When he opens the overhead he has to put a quarter in...when he goes to pull down the tray in front of him he has to put money in lol

CyAg

May 22, 2006
Sitting in Ohare right now. Had to book a last minute flight to Columbus. Got a good deal out of Cedar Rapids, then got hit for $15/bag for the first bag. Not a major issue, just annoying.

alaskaguy

Apr 11, 2006
The one airline that is bucking the trend is Alaska Airlines. Three 50 pound pieces of luggage are still permitted for intrastate travel within Alaska. On the other hand, intrastate air travel in Alaska is more pricey than traveling coast to coast in the lower 48.

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
I remember the first time I paid for a bottle of water. I was pissed because it was tiny and cost me 2 Euros... but I was far to uh, dehydrated and tired to argue... I did need the water that morning... :rolleyes:

It was my first experience with a discount carrier though... I learned after that

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
The airlines are to blame for that. Charging $25 per bag to check, people are going to start bringing more than one carry on and it's going to be as big as they can possibly get it.

People have been carrying on larger and larger bags for years. They think that if it has one of those little pull out handles, then it is a carry on.

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
People have been carrying on larger and larger bags for years. They think that if it has one of those little pull out handles, then it is a carry on.

Hey, if it fits in the little "test rack" at the ticket counter, it is a carry-on. I've been using one of those as my only luggage item since well before they started charging for checked baggage.

What ticks me off are the people who put multiple items in the overhead bin, like a bag, coat, etc, etc, and what ticks me off even more are the people who stop and put their bag in the bins near the front of the plane, even though their seat is in the back just so their bag is waiting for them at the front when the barge past everyone to get off the plane first. Like they're the only one who has a connecting flight. Air travel really seems to bring out the worst in people.