How is UNC not on probation

flander1649

Apr 20, 2006
Kansas City
Visit site
I heard a sports caster from the area mention this morning that they will probably get hit next year. It got pushed off long enough for another title run this year since they had a very solid team returning. It was on the radio so no link.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
UNC also has, perhaps, the greatest basketball player to have played the game & who has left an indelible imprint on our culture (even today's youth are wearing Air Jordans, for example). Do you honestly believe that justice will be served? No way, no how. Money and power >>>>>>>> justice in our world today. And UNC = large amounts of money and power - enough to influence anyone / any organization looking into the skeletons of that program.

Reactions: Knownothing

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
It wasn't systemic. It was one employee in one department. It was purely coincidence that it just happened to be athletes that were given this advantage. (Is there such a thing as a double jimlad? I could really go for a double after typing that.)

Reactions: NWICY

Cloneman89

Sep 28, 2014
They will never punish these tools as they deserve. Same scam they pulled with UCLA. And old Papa Sam Gilbert during the Wooden years. Cars, airline tix, women - old Papa Sam was there. Just like we tore the curtains down to expose Pedophile U and Paterno we need to stop idolizing Wooden and his feigned ignorance. Money is all these scum care about.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
or some kid of penalty. I mean they caught them for academic fraud. Not even the media is bringing up that a team that cheated for like 10 years has suffered no consequences for cheating. It's unreal.

counting-money-3.gif

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
I say if they tie, they just have any UNC starter vs Przemek Karnowski in a Final Essay Off. Take a non-biased 3rd party English teacher, and whoever receives the higher score is national champion. And if UNC loses, to a Polish national who has been in America for 5 years, they have to admit to their guilt over the last 25 years and give back their Final Fours/National Championships. :rolleyes:

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
If the NCAA ever does decide to do something they should make old Roy Boy himself take down the banners and toss them onto a bonfire.

Last edited:

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
It's all a big ******* scam and ESPN, NCAA is all behind the big money scam of college athletics. They choose who they want to punish and who they will not. The rules do not apply across the board the same. You don't bite the hand that feeds you.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa

Yikes, 18 years, and more than 3,000 students. That is completely insane. I hope the NCAAs does hammer them. It sounds like they are kind of thumbing their noses at the NCAA, like Lance Armstrong did to the cycling federation.

Kind of reminds me of when Notre Dame had all the tutors taking test for FB players. Yeah, I remember how the NCAA really penalized them for that..... not.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Yikes, 18 years, and more than 3,000 students. That is completely insane. I hope the NCAAs does hammer them. It sounds like they are kind of thumbing their noses at the NCAA, like Lance Armstrong did to the cycling federation.

Kind of reminds me of when Notre Dame had all the tutors taking test for FB players. Yeah, I remember how the NCAA really penalized them for that..... not.

I'm sure it's more. That stuff didn't magically begin after Dean Smith retired.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron